Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
This position will act as a member of Teradata database operations team in CCB Data Ecosystem Data Management Operations. Data Management Operations is part of the CCB Production Support Management and provides end-to-end production support for Data management applications. The Data Management Operations team delivers customized ETL, Teradata, and BI solutions that address the unique technology drivers of Chase Community Bank (CCB) while ensuring that centralized products and services are leveraged for their economies of scale.
As Operations DBA, you will be responsible for maintaining of complex, multi-system environments.
In this role you will identify and analyze business requirements to integrate hardware, storage, operating systems, and connectivity solutions. You will partner with business leaders, developers, engineers, and application production support teams to provide guidelines, impart knowledge on technical trends and serve as a Subject Matter Expert on systems configuration, capacity planning, performance analysis and optimization for all CCB data management customers.
Additionally, you will be responsible for capturing requirements, liaising with the Application Development and Production Support teams to define and understand the next level of detail not included in the Architecture assessment, and to then integrate those findings into the Infrastructure Design Document.
You may also be the primary source of PRIME,EURC, and ITSM requests when the business defines a need to alter existing infrastructure, either by the addition of extra resources (Disk/CPU/RAM) or for decommissioning end-of-life hardware.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being subject matter expert in ETL (Informatica), Teradata,Hadoop, Bigdata, GPFS, Storage, and/or IBM P Series
- Interfaces with key application stakeholders to collaborate on strategic delivery of IT solutions to meet business needs
- Draws upon knowledge of advanced IT infrastructure capabilities to develop Infrastructure solutions
- Performs project reviews & recommendations to insure alignment to target state
- Develops comprehensive high level infrastructure solutions that incorporate strategic target state architecture and standards to maximize performance, capacity, and TCO
- Supports technical solutions with detailed business case based on thorough interpretation of business requirements
- Works with senior technologists to influence and shape the strategic infrastructure target state architecture for area of influence
- Helps define and implement infrastructure standards
- Works with firm-wide engineering and architecture, and business/AD architects to drive solution standardization and reuse for Data Management Infrastructure Operations
- Uses enterprise scale tools to develop predictive resource utilization and performance models to shape current and future solutions
- Provides strategic capacity trending and modeling reports
- Examines current and trend-based utilization of critical capacity and performance areas including, but not limited to Disk, CPU, memory, and kernel performance to make accurate predictions of future performance
- Partners with the application owners to develop and update comprehensive DR strategy across the LOB enterprise
- Recommend specific tools strategies, and solutions for DR solutions.
- Provides technical assistance with the most challenging issues that span multiple systems, or show recurring trends that have not been successfully resolved
- Active participation in project calls, helping to ensure that the process moves forward
- Creation and monitoring of requests that require PRIME or EURC
- Taking on such other tasks as may be required to ensure a secure and compliant
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated competencies critical to success: Conceptualization, foresight, enterprise perspective, consensus building, leadership, and communication
- Minimum of 10 years of Total IT experience
- Strategic view of a broad cross section of UNIX and Windows technologies with a strong focus on implementation
- Experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed client/server environment
- Minimum 7 years experience with ETL, Teradata, Hadoop, BigData, GPFS, Storage technologies, and/ IBM P Series
- Technical problem-solving skills
- - In depth understanding of remote computing architecture for global delivery, including the use of WAN acceleration and thin compute technologies
- Strong skills in project management methodologies and tools
- Broad knowledge of various technology architectures and business platforms
- Systems planning and engineering skills
- Overall IT experience in a Client-Server environment, with practical knowledge of mainframe, midrange, distributed, and desktop technologies
- Infrastructure architecture & engineering experience, including functional and technical requirements gathering, and solution development
- Advanced written and oral communication capabilities, ability to influence and successfully interface with executive leadership
- Broad knowledge of advanced environment monitoring & management tools, performance modeling tools, capacity analysis tools, and other advanced modeling and trending tools
- Understands and can apply knowledge of Internet/Intranet technology, eCommerce, enterprise networking, and Database to infrastructure solutions
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.