Marketing Manager - Commercial Card
Req #: 180031220
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
Commercial Card is rapidly growing and the Marketing and Communications team plays a critical role in driving that growth. The Commercial Card Marketing and Communications team delivers best-in-class solutions that brings the Commercial Card story to life through our client’s eyes and drives business and client growth in innovative, compelling ways. Leading a small team, this person will serve as a content and creative director, managing branding, content strategy, content development, design and production. Content channels include digital (web and email), social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook), video, print, webinars, media/PR, trade shows, client entertainment, internal meetings and conferences.
In addition, this position will play an integral role in how we build awareness, accelerate interest and drive client growth through attention-grabbing design, compelling hooks and messaging that stands out. This role will partner closely with the broader Commercial Card Marketing, Communications, Product Readiness and Events teams. In addition, they will work closely with branding, marketing and content teams across the bank (including Corporate Branding, Business Banking, Commercial Banking, Corporate Investment Banking, Merchant Services and Card Services). This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is creative, has strong writing skills and wants to join a growing organization!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Define and manage the creative strategy, design and production for the Commercial Card business, aligned to firm brand standards
Define and manage the content strategy, aligned to the team’s broader marketing strategy, audience and objective
- Understand the needs and personas of a B2B audience (CFOs and Commercial Card program administrators of mid-size to large corporate companies). Tailor voice and designs for audience segments (company size and industry)
- Identify, recommend and develop content for key programs. Approve all content work, receiving regular feedback from internal stakeholders. Write and design, as needed during peak business demands.
- Provide perspective and assert a viewpoint towards refined digital experiences and distribution into new channels
Adapt messaging and designs by channel - digital (web and email), social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook), video, print, webinars, media/PR, trade shows, client entertainment, internal meetings and conferences
Develop and manage content roadmap and calendar for all content work. Share and provide progress updates across Commercial Card, leadership and line of business partners
Oversee content production strategy and planning, utilizing both internal and third-party resources
- Partner with various internal stakeholders including legal, controls and compliance to ensure procedures are followed and proper approvals are obtained
- Conduct regular content audits to identify process gaps and identify opportunities to inform content creation
- Other projects as assigned
Bachelor's degree required with minimum 7-10+ years of related experience
B2B, financial services or credit card/payments experience a plus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to adjust messaging based on audience and interact with senior colleagues
Demonstrated skill in copywriting, proofreading and editing required; toward a B2B audience a plus.
- Experience conceiving and developing content for a variety of digital and traditional channels – sample work may be requested
- Experience developing and managing content strategy, roadmaps and calendars
- Experience managing a team and third party marketing agency relationships
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize issues, remain calm under pressure and effectively manage time to handle multiple assignments
- High degree of professionalism and flexibility
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, ability to work both independently and as a team member
Capable of working collaboratively and developing strong partnerships with employees located in disperse physical locations
Possesses a customer-focused mindset
Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Able to gather, interpret and incorporate feedback from a large group of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills. Ability to think through and outline work processes, track projects to completion. Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and PitchPro+