Equities Trading is a global trading desk within JP Morgan Asset Management, that executes over $5bn a day across all the major markets in the world. Trading Technology delivers the trading platform that helps traders achieve, and demonstrate, best in class execution for our clients. We execute large numbers of small orders, that need to be handled in a fully automated way, to smaller numbers of extremely large orders that demand high levels of sophistication.
We are looking for an exceptional, highly motivated Java developer to join our team, and continue to drive the evolution of trading from an art to a science. We are a small, elite, global team that works directly with the business and delivers in an Agile way. The role will cover all aspects of software development, from gathering requirements, generating ideas, designing and developing solutions, to testing, releasing and providing 3rd line support.
A major focus of the project is a strong automated test framework so knowledge of Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development is important.
The ideal candidate will have experience of order management systems, but will consider exceptional technologists with the desire to learn the trading domain.
Ideal candidates must have:
· Strong knowledge of Java
· Solid understanding of Object-Oriented programming and design
· Experience of multi-threaded applications and inter-process communications
· Performance tuning and optimisation
· Testing tools, e.g. JUnit and Mocking frameworks
It would be preferable for candidates also to have experience of:
· Experience developing in trading or front-office platforms
· RESTFul web service
· Dependency injection frameworks e.g. Spring
· Team City
· XML, XSLT
· Oracle database
· IBM WebSphere MQ
Unix shell scripting
· A passionate technologist. Technology isn't a job, it's what excites them. Individual would be learning about technologies outside their role and show strong views on various technologies.
· Self-starter. Actively manages their own career and development.
· A team player.
· Dedicated. Is motivated by delivery not hours worked. Will go the extra mile.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.