Corporate Technology (CT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to deliver drive success. In partnership with Global Finance Operations, Corporate Systems Infrastructure (CSi), and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients. CT provides technology support for general ledger, profitability, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, project accounting and fixed assets, and reporting tools and the Risk applications.
The successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast paced and challenging environment. They will be responsible for the design and implementation of core Java applications as well as multi-tiered applications. The candidate will create technical designs, will code and test these designs, and will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle. They should be fluent in technologies including Core Java, Spring, ORM tools, Drools, GemFire and associated Java development tools.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to become a key part of a team that calculates exposure/utilization for various risk metrics. This is a critical application as we determine if a trade puts a client over their limit and therefore control whether or not a trade is allowed to be executed/cleared. Performance, particularly around minimizing latency while supporting high volumes, is especially important.
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on Java application development work experience in a client server environment that demonstrates exceptional design, coding, testing and debugging skills
• Strong proficiency in design and implementation using distributed computing techniques geared towards a service oriented, high performance, and multi-threaded architecture
• Able to demonstrate in-depth understanding of OO principles and design patterns (usage and pitfalls)
• Quality driven attitude; strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing
• Strong experience with Web Services, Memory Management and Multi-Threading.
• Knowledge of open source frameworks, tools and technologies such as Spring and Hibernate.
• Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment
• Exposure and strong understanding of the difference between synchronous and asynchronous processing
• Ability to multitask and quickly respond to critical issues and changes in requirements
• Ability to work within tight deadlines and a dynamic environment
• Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills; expert interpersonal skills; confidence to participate in planning sessions that outline IT solutions that reach business goals
• Aptitude to learn business knowledge and new technologies
• A “can do” attitude
• Credit Risk experience within an Investment Bank
• Experience with JMS and Messaging Products
• Experience in developing real time systems using distributed caching technologies (GemFire, Coherence)
• Exposure to distributed Java applications in a service based architecture
• Knowledge of trading and clearing flows in the Bilateral, Intermediation, and Clearing spaces (including SEFs) across listed and OTC products (including but not limited to CDS, IRS, F&O, and FX)