JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Risk Finance Technology (RFT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to drive success. In partnership with Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients. GFT provides technology support for general ledger, profitability, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, project accounting and fixed assets while offering plan and build support for reporting tools.
This position will report to the PIM Application Support Lead. As part of the PIM Operate Application Support team based in Houston, primary responsibilities will be to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the applications and 24/7 availability of the systems through careful monitoring of production processes, automating procedures where possible via scripting, and performing Permit to Operate on each application release. Additional duties will include handling ad hoc requests from the user community, participation in on-going performance improvements around the production environment, keeping application documentation up to date, and performing root cause analysis during and post issues.
Candidate will also have responsibility for management and execution of Level 2 application support functions for several key products and systems. In this role, the candidate will work closely with our business partners and technology partner teams both onshore and offshore.
As a member of the Application Support team; you will be responsible for performing L1 & L2 caliber troubleshooting/triage of incidents, working trouble tickets, completing escalation management, providing L2 monitoring support at the infrastructure, application & middleware layers, resolving and reporting of incidents for our production environments. In addition, you will execute systems administrative tasks, help to create and maintain production support documentation and assist on projects when directed. In this position, you will be responsible to quickly evaluate information, engage and assist technology staff, and communicate issues to help remediate and resolve production issues efficiently and effectively. In support of incident management, you will work closely with other technology groups including Development, Data Base Administration, Quality Assurance (QA), Infrastructure (Networking, Systems and Storage, Build and Deploy, and Operations) as well as Core Cash business Operations & Product teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical or business area
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience overall, with at least 5+ years of experience working in an applications production support/application development environment
Additional Required Skills:
- Scripting & Configuration — UNIX shell or other system level scripting, SQL scripting
- WebLogic — Application Server experience/administration
- INFORMATICA — Application Server experience/administration
- Oracle DB - Functional knowledge of SQL; Practical implementation experience of schemas and stored procedures
- Should be familiar with release management best practices and adherence to security policies
· IT process design & implementation skills and experience
· Ability to forecast IT Services based on business requirements and demand
· Strong technical documentation skills
· Ensures monitoring alerts and system events are assessed, prioritized, and managed
· Manages client impacting incidents including business impact assessment, technical resolutions, engagement, and
· Complies with organization standards, regulations, and requirements
· Implements and follows organization incident, problem, and change management processes.
· Performs 2nd level support for assigned applications
· Ensures potential client impacting incidents are identified and remediated prior to client impact or remediated as
soon as possible after issues arise.
· Builds and maintains strong relationships with technology teams and business partners to
· identify process improvement opportunities
· Collaborates with technology teams and business partners to understand application functions and related
downstream processing components
· Drives continuous improvement of services and processes in order to increase platform stability and improved
· Participates with post incident reviews for client impacting incidents
· Identifies post incident review action items and process improvement opportunities
· Works with Change Management/ Release Managers on the evaluation of change events
· Runs technical bridges and/or management bridges, as required and leverages experience and organizational
knowledge to reduce MTTR (Mean Time to Recover)
· Supports Disaster Recovery Tests
· Aligns with business strategies, goals, and objectives
· Assists in translating business requirements into proposed IT services & solutions
· Develops and distributes performance metrics for core services
· Designs & implements customer satisfaction surveys and measurements as assigned
· Develops and maintains process and procedure documentation (knowledge management)
· Collaborates with technology and business partners to continuously identify proactive monitoring and health check
· Assures Operations Run Book is up to date
• Network — Familiarity with general network concepts/devices and troubleshooting techniques.
• Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery — Familiarity with approaches & procedures.
• Monitoring & Alerts — developing monitoring at the infrastructure, application and/or database level.
• Distributed systems — application servers, web servers, messaging systems, web-based systems.
• Development Process & Methodologies — Familiarity with software development life cycle.
• Business knowledge — Knowledge of financial industry, investment banking and its systems.
• Incident management skills and experience
• Knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and tools
• Solid project management skills, especially in a cross-functional environment
• Experience using SQL for support analysis and incident resolution
• Experience working in a relational database environment (e.g. ORACLE, DB2)
• Knowledge of application/tool/infrastructure log management function
• Experience working in a web-based distributed client server environment, including strong understanding of typical 3 tier architecture and infrastructure setups
• Effective communication, both phone and written correspondence, and the ability to generate documentation.
• Ability to drive the work effort to resolution, to include sticking with the problem and coordinating the efforts of others to achieve the desired end-result.
• Ability and desire to take ownership of issues and the position.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
• An understanding that the position requires a resolution of the issue that occurs after-hours at times, requiring participation in an on-call rotation.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effort.
• Solid experience in documenting requirements and technical specifications
• Understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
• Influence and negotiation skills
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.