J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing >9,000 invoices
Global Clearing Operations supports Clearing, Reconciliations, Middle Office, F&O House Ops, Expiries & Deliveries, Settlement, Brokerage, Client On-boarding, Client Money, Regulatory Reporting, Static Data Management and Position Management.
JPM is the 2nd largest Futures Commission Merchant based on Client Assets
Processes ~750,000 cleared and intermediated trades daily
Provides clearing at 62 global Clearing Houses
Settled USD equivalent 24.3Bn in physical deliveries Q1 2016
Happy to talk flexible working.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location Description (Electra, Bangalore)
- Graduate with at least 8 + yrs of experience, preferably in back office operations with exp in people management.
- Self-Directed: be an independent contributor who is comfortable working in a self-directed environment
- Analytical and detailed: strong analytical skills with complementary communications and presentation skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Strong people management skills & ability to motivate the team at all times
- Motivated: Displays drive, energy and enthusiasm. Results driven individual with a proven track record.
- Must be a Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus. Must be highly reliable, trustworthy, honest, and commitment oriented.
- Drive results through people, communication, influence and interactions
- Be comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, experimentation, and informed risk taking.
- Flexible attitude towards working hours due to the demands of the working place.
- Solid intellectual capacity for process improvements.
- Excellent Client focus and Customer care working practices.
- Strong time management skills required to meet exchange and front office deadlines.
- Keeping management informed continuously of any issues.
Summary of Responsibilities
Governance – controlled mindset and proven experience of governing complex workflow including use of checklists tools (excel) to govern actions and QA procedures as well as creation, communication and escalation of high level metrics to top of the org business level
Communication – ability to build strong relationships with many disparate groups across the F&O/OTC stack and influence other teams to ensure deliverables are prioritised. Tenacious attitude that will not accept push back willingly and will escalate effectively if bottlenecks develop
Ability to manage multiple metrics to get clarity and focus on issues/bottlenecks
Prior experience in Clearing functions (Top day Clearing; allocate trades from Client average account to Client end account; Resolve T+1 breaks reported by the exchange reconciliation team, Trade Support etc)
Knowledge of F&O and OTC infrastructure – Knowledge of where systems sit in the hierarchy, inter-relationships would be very advantageous
Skills and Qualifications
Graduate with at least 8 + yrs of experience, preferably in back office operations with exp in people management.
Analytical and detailed: strong analytical skills with complementary communications and presentation skills with attention to detail and accuracy; Solid intellectual capacity for process improvements.
A strong sense of ownership and responsibility; Excellent Client focus and Customer care working practices
Strong people management skills & ability to motivate the team at all times
Drive results through people, communication, influence and interactions