J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
The Technology team at our GSCs service all Lines of Business and Enterprise Technology in helping build and operate innovative industry leading solutions. The breadth of capabilities within the Technology team at the GSC enables it to support the firm in leading edge areas such as Digital, Big data analytics, Robotics & Machine Learning.
As an Application Developer, you will participate in product development sessions with business owners, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and proposed solutions. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow. You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into all application design specifications.
Additionally, you may be required to document detailed application specifications; translate technical requirements into programmed application code and develop/enhance software application modules. You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are align to architectural guidelines, identify/troubleshoot application related issues, and review and provide feedback to any required documentation.
- Understand/apply reusable code design, leverage application architecture/framework capabilities and functionality, and design/develop solutions that are highly reliable, scalable, and perform to meet business-defined service levels.
- Work with Product owners to help shape the direction of the product based on a combined knowledge of what's technically feasible and what is desired by the end user.
- Contribute to the technical code and design documentation.
- Conduct code reviews and ensuring quality solutions are built and tested.
- Identify and implement improvements to products.
- Provide production support and issue triage for products.
- Software Development Experience - 7+ years
- 7+ years of hands-on Progress 4GL experience with versions 9.x – 11.x.
- 3+ years of experience in progress App Server
- 1+ years WebSpeed, speedScript and embedded scripting
- Thorough knowledge of Progress and SQL architectures
- 2+ years experience with Unix
- Eclipse - 2+ years Experience
- Experience with CVS or Subversion, Jira, Greenhopper a plus
- Experience with agile development processes, specifically SCRUM or XP
- Demonstrable experience to technically design and architect enterprise class applications.
- Understanding of Object Orientated Analysis and Design and Component analysis
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies
- Have an open attitude towards sharing ideas and knowledge.
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
- Excellent prioritization and time management.
- The ability to present and absorb complex ideas quickly and accurately.
- An ability to balance multiple time-critical tasks at the same time
- The ability to motivate and influence others.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.