JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure Service Delivery (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for JPMorgan Chase, partnering with all lines of business to deliver a wide range of high-quality products and services. We provide exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost-effective manner by following three strategic objectives:
Stability and Security – Deliver a controlled, stable, resilient and secure operating environment
People – Develop and manage our people to build a high-performing, delivery-focused team
Delivery – Deliver business value through technology while improving efficiency and productivity
The candidate will be a part of dedicated Global Technology Decommission Factory team that manages end to end application decommissions globally across technology business units. This team owns firm-wide decommission practice that will standardize and pro-actively manage decommission of applications and infrastructure technology assets for the various LOBs in close interaction with the other GTI teams.
You will be driving the delivery of projects in the Decom Factory space across Line of Business working closely with multiple GTI & LOB technology teams while interfacing with senior managers and stakeholders in the organization. Strong leadership, excellent oral and written communications and the ability to remain calm and perform under pressure are a must have.
- The candidate will be responsible for the account / relationship management of the application decommission engagement with specific LoB
- The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work independently in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- Partner with the GT business and technology teams in owning end to end application decommission process
- Managing Key Stakeholders from the Line of Business (LOB) Technology and Business functions
- Coordinate with various levels of senior management and their delegates across global regions/time zones to determine the key milestones, timelines, progress, risks and dependencies.
- Must also have a consultative approach to encourage and predict early escalation, determining the cause of deviations from the plan and resolution of potential delays.
- Independent thinking, willingness to "step outside the box" and with demonstrated ability to be reliable and flexible.
- Conduct bi-weekly progress reviews with Management team and delegates to review project status towards meeting its objectives, pending actions, delays, risks and dependencies.
- Track and report project milestone delivery, efforts invested, associated productivity saves, risks and dependencies to senior management.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to work effectively in a team environment adapt to a rapidly changing business environment and have strong organizational skills to prioritize work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience preferably in the financial services industry
• 5-10 years’ experience with projects in multiple technologies, functions (e.g. transaction management, risk management etc.)
• PMP, MSP, Six Sigma, or other formal project management discipline preferred; familiarity with ITIL and SDLC delivery practices beneficial
• Excellent oral and written communication skills across functions and teams, up and down the chain of command
• Proven ability to lead project teams in delivering on time, high quality solutions
• Experience with Project Task Estimation, Resource Scheduling, Risk Management, and Issue Management
• Collaborates effectively with peers & broader technology teams to ensure successful deliveries
• Ability to listen, analyse, influence, negotiate and use judgment to solve complex issues in order to accomplish project goals
• Management and escalation of underlying project Risks/Issue/Change
• Adherence to Standard Project Lifecycle