JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
The mission of the JPMorgan Chase Global Philanthropy department is to enable more people to contribute to and share in the rewards of a growing economy. We believe that reducing inequality and creating widely-shared prosperity requires collaboration of business, government, nonprofit and other civic organizations, particularly in the cities and metropolitan regions that power economic growth.
We take a comprehensive approach to increasing economic opportunity, using our firm's global scale, talent and resources to make investments and create partnerships in four priority areas: Workforce Readiness, Small Business Expansion, Financial Capability, and Community Development.
In 2017, the firm and its Foundation gave nearly $250 million to nonprofit organizations across the U.S. and in 40 countries around the world. In addition, more than 56,000 JPMorgan Chase employees provided 383,000 hours of volunteer service in the communities where they live and work. The employee engagement and volunteerism team engages a global workforce and manages a growing slate of volunteer programs and workplace giving opportunities.
Global Philanthropy is currently seeking a Data & Reporting Associate to support the Employee Engagement & Volunteerism Team (EEV) and its measurement, evaluation and reporting requirements. The position is based in New York City.
· Develop and manage overall structure for EEV reporting, inclusive of meaningful, high-quality analytics that allow the team to track and monitor program goals against actual results
· Develop tools (i.e. spreadsheets, simple databases) to capture and analyze/aggregate data across multiple programs with different data points, including longitudinal data as programs scale
· Conduct and distill sophisticated analysis into simple concepts and terms to position executives to understand and take action
· Utilize data visualization tools and techniques to translate reporting trends into insightful data narratives and deliver via PowerPoint or other presentation tools
· Work with program managers to build program-by-program reporting dashboards; validate that data is accurate and being entered and reported in a timely manner
· Generate new reports or modify existing work products/processes to improve efficiency
· Work with external program implementation partners (i.e., PYXERA, Common Impact) to collect data and streamline reporting requirements and improve the process of data collection for reporting needs
· Collaborate with HR to analyze employee volunteers’ reporting on satisfaction surveys
· Create and analyze employee survey results across programs and identify patterns for future program development
· Become internal subject matter expert on employee volunteerism reporting; join internal data and reporting user groups across the lines of business as needed to bring forth best practices
· Learn internal survey tool and develop expertise at building, conducting, collecting, and analyzing program surveys
· Work with Head of EEV and other stakeholders within Corporate Responsibility to monitor and project budgets and cash flow for EEV programs
· Work with internal department responsible for Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) compliance to determine how best to vet and capture CRA-eligible volunteer activities in order to provide quarterly reporting; ensure implementation partners are providing CRA-eligible information systematically and aggregate information for submission to the CRA department
· Bachelor's degree required
· Requires work experience of 2-4 years, preferably in the analytic or business intelligence/ reporting domain
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel & PowerPoint in particular) and a proven ability to use standard reporting applications and analytical techniques; SQL programming skills a plus
· Outstanding analytical, creative thinking, and problem solving skills; ability to work with large complex data sets
· Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
· Displays a proactive approach with excellent time management and organization skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Creative, flexible and collaborative with an ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrates a high degree of initiative
· Preference for candidates with experience using BI tools such as Qlikview, Tableau and/or PowerBI
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.