J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Global Investment Management and Global Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management (Investment Management) is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
As an Application Developer, you will provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing applications within mature technology environments. You will utilize mature (3rd or 4th Generation) programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation.
You will participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution. You will participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply to Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
You will also adhere to IT Control Policies throughout design, development and testing and incorporate Corporate Architectural Standards into application design specifications.
Additionally, you will document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/Enhance software application modules.
You will participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues; and review and provide feedback to the final user documentation.
Must Have Skills:
· Hands on development experience (and desire to be deeply technical)
· Solid understanding of multithreaded software design.
· Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies.
· Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
· 3-5 years of Core Java middle tier development experience
· 3-5 years of experience using relational databases (oracle, sybase etc) (dynamic SQL, stored Procs, tuning for performance etc).
· Strong knowledge of server side design patterns and continuous delivery principles.
· Knowledge of GIT/Stash, Maven and other source control/build tools
Nice to Have Skills:
· Familiarity with open source libraries
· Experience working with .net frontend applications, and .net/java interoperability
· Experience with distributed computing infrastructures
· Experience with performance tuning and memory profiling
· Experience building/enhancing testing frameworks (unit, regression, integration, etc.)
· BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
· Experience in Fixed Income or Asset Management business is plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.