J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. With clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns, more than 650 investment professionals provides over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity and take leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
This Associate role for a Web UI developer in the Service and Ops group within Wealth Management and Investment Solutions Technology is based out of Jersey City, NJ. The individual has to be hands-on with pulse on the new technology. Responsibilities include but not limited to development and implementation of application software within Global Wealth Management/Private Banking business. Work with established technical specifications to develop and deliver high quality functionality. Work effectively as a member of a team, communicate and interact effectively with project managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Tech leads, Technical operations and users.
- Build UI for WMIS service and ops applications leveraging Java Script technologies such as AngularJS/ReactJS
- Integrate UI will rest layer
- Partner heavily with technology partners, including business analysts, release management, infrastructure, and other developers, at all levels
- Utilize Agile methodology and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs developing applications within mature technology environments.
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and document.
- Review design and functional specification prepared by other team members
- Manage code quality for total build effort.
- Coordinate with end users during User Acceptance Testing
- Analyze and document problems, recommend solutions, and initiate corrective action.
- Support production rollouts of the functionality on-site by partnering closely with the Operate team
- Familiarity with standard development tools, preferably Intellij Idea, Eclipse IDE, Subversion and Continuous Integration concepts/tools
- Broad Information Technology experience, including understanding of development tools, processes and best practices of application development.
- Experience with full lifecycle software development
- Experience with EXT JS, Angular JS, REACT JS, Web Components, D3 9(or Similar)
- Experience with Rest Service and Soap Services for service layer integration.
- Experience with JSON/ASYNC/ Single page App programming.
- Experience with modern client-side web application technologies, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience with databases Oracle, Nosql, Sybase is preferred.
- Experience with UI Design and UX concepts.
- Unix command skills is preferred.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks like Mockito library.
- Financial experience is a plus.
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science