As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your love of technology will have a direct impact on the future of the business. As a senior member of a high-performance team, you’ll be immersed in all the elements of Software Development Lifecycles- design, development, integration, operation, support and testing of infrastructure services. You’ll ensure team goals are met and best practices, architectural design standards, data, risk and security management policies are adhered to. You’ll be instrumental in designing, developing and testing code, solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You’ll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. And as part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community, you’ll also have the ability to collaborate with peers around the world to tackle big challenges.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Significant experience in both Systems Engineering and Software development
Proficiency in at least one of these disciplines:
Experience using large scale software development in Java and/or Python with Big Data
Experience using system and software security and entitlements such as SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD
Experience with new and emerging technologies such as cloud and virtualization
The Core Foundation Services team (CFS) is responsible for providing end to end support for critical technologies that are used across the company. This includes Configuration and Orchestration, Identity Management, Name Services, Enterprise Monitoring Solutions, and automation tools used to manage these technologies.
BIFrost platform team within CFS is seeking an Infrastructure Developer/Product Management/Strategy/Engineer candidate for implementing Hadoop and messaging bus with Microservices/API solutions for the firm and platform onboarding responsibilities for other applications. These solutions are centralized and firmwide solution to mine unstructured and semi-structured data from on-premise and off-premise environments at an unprecedented scale with unified data services, frameworks, and user defined functions on Hadoop eco system.
Candidate is responsible for spark development (Scala or Java) to handle log sources with streaming and batch jobs. Candidate should be capable to manage design, development and monitor to improve performance of their spark jobs. We are looking for someone that shares these values and is excited to help us push our team to the next level with advanced skill to build frameworks, standards and generators to generate code.
- The Senior Software Developer will work as part of an Agile scrum team analyzing, planning, architecting, designing, developing, testing, debugging, optimizing, improving, documenting, and deploying complex software applications.
- Participate in architecture and design discussions with the technical team and interface with other teams to create efficient and consistent solutions.
- Proven experience of delivering enterprise grade solutions utilizing Big Data platforms (Cloudera), technologies, tools, patterns, and frameworks (Spark, Scala/Java).
- Research new technologies, identify and learn best practices, adapt quickly, and provide technical guidance to the team members.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC processes and automated tools, spanning requirements/issue management, defect tracking, source control, build automation, test automation and release management.
- Work within the global agile team to assure high quality, timely delivery and implementation of the projects and assure the overall success of the team.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with high-performing diverse teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals by developing meaningful relationships.
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on recent software development work experience in a large-scale software development environment.
- 3+ years of experience in architecting, designing, and developing solutions utilizing Big Data technologies, such as Kafka, Spark, NiFi, Hbase, Hive, and HDFS.
- 3+ years of experience in delivering solutions in an agile environment.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, Map/Reduce, YARN, Spark/h2o, Hive/Pig, Impala/Drill, etc.
- Minimum of 10+ years of server side development experience with Java and 2+ years of experience with Scala.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of patterns based architectures and designs is required.
- Experience with log ingestion technologies, such as Fluentd, Flume, is highly desirable.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK) is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with performing analytics using tools such as Grafana is big plus.
- 5+ years of relational database development experience is required.
- Working experience with automating the tasks involved in the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI CD) pipeline utilizing tools, such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, Junit, Scala Test, SCoverage, SonarQube, and HP Fortify.
- Experience in Test Driven Development by automating unit testing using frameworks, such as Junit, ScalaTest, Mockito, and HiveRunner.
- Strong communication and written communications skills with the ability to be highly effective with both technical and business partners. Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.