JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Dealer Commercial Services (DCS) is a Commercial Lending business within Auto Finance. The Business specializes in lending to auto dealerships in the US, ranging from small businesses to large public auto groups. DCS provides floorplan, real estate, acquisition and commercial loans, as well as treasury products. DCS has sales teams throughout the country, four Underwriting offices, and two Operations offices. It is one of the largest bank-owned floorplan lenders in the US, having relationships with more than 75% of all US franchised automotive dealers.
DCS Risk Management
This position will be a part of the DCS Risk Management team reporting to the Portfolio Management lead who reports to the head of Risk Reporting & Analytics. The DCS Risk team is focused on Risk reporting and Portfolio management - identifying portfolio trends and assessing, prioritizing and remediating risks associated with the commercial auto portfolio. The DCS Risk team provides support to the credit approval and credit maintenance functions, supports ad hoc and strategic projects within DCS, the Wholesale Center of Excellence, and the Consumer and Community Banking line of business (CCB).
The Wholesale Credit Risk Analyst (Associate-602) will be responsible for risk reporting, reporting support, and portfolio analytics on the Dealer Commercial Services (DCS) portfolio which is $19B in commitments and $14B in portfolio balances. This role will focus on performing research and data analytics to support the implementation of strategic initiatives, perform quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to identify trends, patterns and correlations that can be used to improve portfolio management/reporting and, implementation of enhancements to processes and tools to improve management information systems and reporting.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong background in MIS and data analytics as the primary focus is to leverage data to generate understanding of the portfolio and operational processes leading to effective and actionable recommendations. This candidate will be a critical resource for the entire DCS Risk Management team where there will be extensive interactions with senior managers and other functional groups that support DCS. As a result, career growth opportunities should be excellent for a high performing risk analyst.
- Produce concise and accurate analysis from various DCS and Risk Management systems to support portfolio management.
- Assure the integrity of data behind risk reports and document as needed based on risk reporting controls & BCBS requirements.
- Analyze data to identify key risk drivers (KPIs and KRIs), concentrations and trends within the DCS portfolio, and potential impacts (risks & opportunities) to the DCS business
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages around the portfolio
- Provide ad hoc reporting & analysis to support to DCS Risk management requests.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business and relevant risk and controls. Apply this knowledge to improve processes, determine solutions and resolve issues.
- Communicate analysis, recommendations, and complex issues in a clear & concise manner.
- Take on special assignments as directed by DCS senior management.