As a Lead Data Systems Architect, you will define information/data flows, information/data delivery architecture and information/data tools. Define data requirements and participate in design reviews. Work in partnership with other architects to design the common customer view of information at customer touch points and help develop the Customer Information Model. Work with Business and Application Architects to review business drivers, needs and strategies and assess the implications to the information/data architecture. Identify, assess, and document business requirements for information/data, and advising businesses on options, risks, and costs versus benefits. Communicate business data prioritization decisions to the relevant technology organizations.
You will work with Project Managers to create project initiation documents, including the definition of objectives, scope, approach, and deliverables, when applicable. Diagram the complete flow of data from source to target. Work with Database Designers to develop the logical data model and ensure efficient flows of information through business processes. Provide inputs to development teams to develop applications that address the exchange of data between heterogeneous systems. Assist in the creation and successful execution of testing scenarios that ensure the information/data flows according to the information architecture design. Proactively identify and validate opportunities to share/re-use existing information/data where possible.
Other Key responsibilities:
- Analyze attribute requirements in detail and arrive at optimized model
- Collaborate with business teams in order to understand, translate and capture the requirements for Conceptual and Logical Data Models, Interface Specifications/Data Sourcing contracts
- Create and review Conceptual and Logical Data Models with various stakeholders
- Create and maintain appropriate metadata for various information architecture related artifacts
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to data framework and design considerations
- Analyze data using advanced SQL
- Develop and manage the data modeling best practices, patterns and standards
- Provide guidelines for Big Data implementations (both relational and non-relational)
- Collaborate with the Corporate Technology IA and firm-wide Architecture group to develop consistent, accurate and complete information architecture artifacts
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience, or several major technology implementation projects.
- Excellent understanding of data management principles and information architecture.
- Strong working knowledge and experience of Data Modelling and Meta-modeling.
- Knowledge of different data modelling methodologies with the ability to read and understand data models presented in a variety of formats
- Ability to understand business architecture and translate into information architecture.
- Successful track record on several major technology implementation projects.
- Data centric mindset and ability to analyze business requirement from data perspective and strategic thinking.
- Knowledge of core Information Architecture capabilities, including Master and Reference Data Management, Data Quality (DQ), Metadata Management, Data Integration, Data Migration and Data Modeling
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work in collaborative environment and handle conflict objectively.
- Advanced knowledge of various financial instruments is desirable.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.