As a member of our Merchant Services Group technology team you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. Your knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally.
Chase Merchant Services data management team is looking for software engineer with experience in big data and technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and related ecosystem stack to work on a Greenfield data and analytics platform. The successful candidate will be involved in all phases of development lifecycle, from proof of concept to delivery of end to end solution. You will be working on implementing complex data projects with a focus on ingesting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and building APIs/Visualization of large sets of data.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Design, build, implement, document and automate ingestion (real time and batch), enrichment and analytics data pipelines using big data tools and technologies
- Design NoSQL Data models for sub milliseconds queries and to store data in most space efficient way
- Building APIs and SDKs in Java for customer facing corporate portal
- Will be working with various teams across the firm
- Gathering and refining requirements from stakeholders
- Ability to develop Spark frameworks for wider developer base consumption
- Production support of live data pipelines
- Working with developers in other component teams to ensure consistent integration of services across teams
- Hands on experience with Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and related Hadoop stack
- Strong engineering background and experience with agile practices such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Development, Test Driven Development, and DevOps automation tools
- Strong Programming skills using Java
- Solid understanding of Enterprise patterns and applying best practices when integrating various inputs and outputs together at scale.
- Work to tight deadlines, thrive when under pressure and manage time accordingly
- Must be able to communicate clearly with business partners, business analysts, and other development teams
- 5+ years of SDLC experience with progressive roles
- In depth knowledge of Java 8
- In depth knowledge of OO and SOLID design principles
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering big data projects using Kafka, Spark, Cassandra and related stack on premise or cloud
- Experience building low latency, high throughput APIs using Spring framework
- Able to tune big data solutions to improve performance
- Excellent understand of Spring framework
- Experience with Oracle databases
- Testing frameworks
- Performance and monitoring tools
- Continuous Integration & Delivery tools
- Cloud implementation experience for high volume data in AWS/Azure/GCP
- Experience with BI and Visualization tools
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.