Basel Measurement & Analytics RWA Reporting Associate
The Basel Measurement & Analytics (BM&A) group within RCMO is responsible for calculating, analyzing and reporting firmwide RWA for market risk, credit risk and retail risk stripes. The RWA measures feed into various corporate functions to quantify and determine regulatory capital requirements and support external regulatory filings and disclosures. RCMO BM&A is responsible to develop and manage the Basel infrastructure and ensure calculations are in compliance with internal capital policy and guidance. In addition, RCMO BM&A supports ancillary activities to perform impact analysis on methodology changes driven by new rule proposal; support RWA component of CCAR, resolution & recovery, Pillar 2 ICAAP and Pillar 3 Disclosure; and quantitative impact studies (QIS) for regulatory agencies.
The position interfaces with LOB Product controllers, technology and other RCMO functions to support the implementation and computation of risk-weighted assets (RWA). The candidate will be responsible for supporting the RWA productions process, analyzing quarter-over-quarter changes in RWA, working with the businesses and other relevant teams to determine variance drivers such as portfolio changes, model changes and policy updates. The candidate will manage the data adjustment process and be owner of data issue identification, tracking and resolution.
· Calculate, analyze, and report various components of RWA
· Coordinating with technology and line of business finance partners to complete the quarter end processes
· Support efforts to enhance internal and internal reporting processes from both a sustainability and content perspective
· Assist with preparation of presentation materials and scorecards for various forums across risk, finance and technology.
· Assist in identifying, tracking, and resolving data quality issues; Work towards streamlining and improving processes
· 5+ years of financial or regulatory reporting experience at a large financial institution
· Degree in a Finance, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field; advanced degree a plus
· Experience with Basel regulatory capital rules preferred
· Exposure to financial products like securities and derivatives
· Proficiency in MS Office product suite (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint) required
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills, able to work independently
· Self-motivated individual who seeks a challenging role
· Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to changing priorities or issues
· Strong communication skills and relationship-building skills
· Excellent organizational skills and control focus
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Superior attention to detail and process-orientation
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.