JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
It began operations in the Philippines in 1961 with a representative office. Since then, the firm has expanded its presence into a fully integrated franchise, comprising Investment Banking, Treasury and Securities Services, Equity Sales and Research as well as foreign exchange and fixed income trading operations. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has a number of legal entities operating in the country, including the Manila Branch of the bank, which has a commercial banking license as well as a derivatives license, and a securities company with a seat on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. launched its Global Service Center in Manila in 2005 and in Cebu in 2010, to provide a wide variety of strategic support including analytics, finance and accounting voice-based services, transaction processing and other functions to its affiliates around the world.
J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Candidate will have to manage a team of 30 FTE providing supporting the Banking Operation Team. The candidate will have a direct reporting line into the Executive Director and will be directly responsible for the day to day operations for the Cash Position Management & Interest Analysis team. The candidate will be responsible for understanding the key metrics and risk components within drive each LOB and manage the team to meet the financial goals and objectives put forth by these LOB’s, while partnering globally with the regions where the business operations are located. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining staff and budget requirements
- Manage overall service delivery, execution of client migrations and enhance the overall client experience
- Work in close partnership with peers in other global locations
- Drive innovative solutions for efficient operations and prioritize key technology enhancements across various processes to support productivity and control enhancements
- Manage expenses and facilitate ways to reduce them to support business growth in a cost-effective manner
- Design an appropriate operating model across various Cash Position Management functions to ensure strong management coverage, oversight, and resiliency
- Build a strong transparent culture for staff based on meritocracy; advance the inclusive leadership agenda through diversity, training, performance management, networking, redeployment, job mobility, and mentoring
- Engage, motivate and influence direct reports, teams and peers, and enhance overall employee engagement and retention, working in partnership with HR and training teams
- Monitor key HR issues around hiring, engagement, training, attrition, and overtime that may impact the business
- Build strong risk awareness and controls focused on the workflow, and work closely with Business Partners and Risk Control Managers in driving/implementing effective a robust, pro-active and sustainable controls programs to pro-actively manage risks to the business
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer,
- Strong written and oral comprehension of English language
- Extensive working knowledge of Banking Operations
- Experience in managing a Nostro Funding operations team
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strategic planning and budget management skills
- Computer navigation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft products
- Ability to make independent decisions and utilize all available tools to manage and prevent corporate and client risk
- Ability to work along with Treasury Front office team and maintain relationship
- Ability to analyze complex procedures and make recommendations to established processes for process improvement
- University degree and 10 or more years of banking experience in a management role, or 10 or more years in a Banking Operations Management role
• • Knowledge of Liquidity Management would be an advantage
• • Experience in the Treasury Middle Office team would be desirable
University degree and 10 or more years of experience in Banking/Finance operations