JPMorgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
JOB TITLE: Team Leader (502)
DEPARTMENT: Fund Accounting
REPORTING TO: Process Manager - Fund Accounting
The Fund Accounting team is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of NAV for Clients who have outsourced their Fund Accounting to JPM. This role involves understanding and executing end to end activities that comprises of daily NAV calculation and eod Client reporting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As a team leader in Global Funds Services, you will :
· Ensure Team Members are fully competent
· Draft & ensure SOPs are current
· Drive resolution of exceptions with ORM / management
· Perform test checks on quality of operations
· Lead and ensure completion of daily activities are timely.
· Audit compliance and co-operation
· Implement improvement initiatives
· Accountable for top quality exception management
· Encourage, participate & lead L&D sessions
· Identify and facilitate development of training Champions/SME in team.
· People morale & discipline· Foster communication and teamwork
Chartered Accountants with 2 to 3 years / BCOM with 4/5 years experience preferably in Financial Sector industry
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
· Client focused
· Uses initiative and readily questions
· Strong analytical skills
· Numerical thought process
· Control orientated
· Proficient use of PC software for document and worksheet preparation
· Flexibility to work on holidays / extended working hours on high volume days, if required
· The ideal candidate would have a 'can do' attitude
· Good written & spoken English communication skills