Commercial Bank: Wholesale Lending Services - Program Management Director (Data Simplification Strategy Leader) - Executive Director
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. JPM is comprised of four business segments, Consumer & Community Banking, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank and Asset & Wealth Management. Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) exists within Commercial Banking and provides loan servicing functions to all four JPMorgan lines of business.
The Wholesale Lending Services (WLS), Data Simplification Leader is a senior position within the JPMorgan Chase Wholesale Lending Services leadership team.
The individual, working in collaboration with cross-functional and cross business stakeholders, will develop a deep understanding of existing data sources, data elements and reporting processes currently in place across WLS. Based on the detailed understanding and associated gap analysis, in partnership with Technology, they will drive a strategic multi-year agenda focused on the simplification of operational data sources and the creation of robust real-time information to run WLS. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that there are strong linkages to other transformation initiatives (e.g. lending system consolidations) as well as with other data teams across the firm that are focused on regulatory reporting, management reporting and big data initiatives.
The position requires a results-focused, data visionary, influential and process-disciplined leader to deliver against an extensive future-state roadmap. This person will maintain a strategic and innovative mindset to deliver against the future-state vision while collaborating across a diverse set of stakeholders, managing relationships with and presenting regularly to CB senior executives.
- Inventory current state reporting universes across WLS, their purpose and usage as it relates to WLS stakeholders
- Lead development of WLS operations data dictionary of available data elements, operational definition and frequency of updates made to data store within a toolset that can be leveraged by multiple constituents across the organization
- Perform gap analysis against desired “End State” operational reporting requirements by soliciting input from across WLS stakeholders
- Define vision and champion the target state reporting environment requirements and work with Technology team to build strategic plan to deliver future state vision
- Leveraging the creation of the operational data dictionary described above, develop a bench of data czars across WLS that understand the end-to-end data attributes available for use at driving future state improvements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Previous expertise and a true passion for process innovation, design, and technology with proven success delivering complex, large scale initiatives
- Demonstrated experience delivering transformative information from the creation of new reporting universes
- Subject Matter Expert in Lending Products and Systems
- Must have 10+ years of experience designing and successfully leading large scale operational change management programs; experience within large Financial Services firms preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing and collaborating with multiple teams, coordinating across different cross-functional initiatives, and reaching consensus with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in enterprise-level program management, with history of leveraging robust project management discipline to deliver complex initiatives
- Excellent communication and global client partnership ability
- Strong organization, attention to detail, time management, planning skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to multiple levels of management, both written and verbal
- MBA or related Master’s Degree