IBO Derivatives Confirmations - Derivatives Confirmation Analyst - Professional - Based in Bournemouth
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.2 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you are interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase.
As part of the Investment Bank, IBO Derivatives provides operational support to the Credit, Rates and Equity Derivative businesses for EMEA, Asia and North American trading desks. The group supports a portfolio in excess of 900,000 deals with an average of 8,200 settlements per day.
The EMEA Confirmations Team are responsible for chasing and accurately checking of legally binding contracts for Credit Derivatives with marketed clients encompassing the EMEA Region. The legally binding contracts can be issued via paper, or through an electronic platform (DTCC). The team are responsible for chasing clients, investigating discrepancies, responding to all incoming queries and dealing with queries from Middle and Front Offices (globally) and our sister hubs in Delaware, Singapore and Mumbai. Teams have high levels of client and Middle/Front Office contact and are constantly being challenged to innovate and drive change to meet the demands of a developing product set, client base and trading growth, and ultimately the Fed Target regulatory commitments.
• Maintaining a portfolio of clients and reduce aged outstandings.
• Working on a daily basis to aggressive internal and external monthly targets.
• Checking and Chasing of Credit Derivative contracts via DTCC or Paper.
• Investigation of DTCC alleges (where client has uploaded confirmation to DTCC). Ensuring JPM has uploaded their side of the trade and investigation of discrepancies to resolution.
• Building and sustaining, strong working relationships with internal lines of business within Derivatives and Middle/Front office groups.
• Liaising with a dedicated client base to ensure any issues are addressed in a timely and professional fashion.
• Ensuring that all issues are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
• Understand and ensure compliance with, control and regulatory requirements.
• Participate in the implementation of strategic initiatives.
• Identify process improvements and efficiency opportunities in daily workflow.
• To proactively identify any recurring issues and escalate accordingly.
• Ownership and resolution of all exceptions and queries relating to Derivative Trades.
• Ensuring a timely resolution / escalation of trade queries.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a worldwide client base.
• Quick learner of both technical knowledge and systems.
• Results orientated, Target driven environment.
• Ability to adapt to opportunities presented through change.
• Self-motivated and flexible approach to working hours. • Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise