Commercial Banking – Regulatory Practices Governance Project Management Associate
Commercial Banking serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. Our Commercial Bankers serve these clients by operating in 14 of the 15 top U.S. major markets. Our professionals' industry knowledge and experience combine with our dedicated service model, comprehensive solutions, and local expertise to make us the #1 commercial bank in our retail branch footprint. The Firm's broad platform positions us to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
Commercial Banking Regulatory Practices Governance Team
Commercial Banking (CB) Regulatory Practices governance team is a central function within CB CAO Regulatory Operations that facilitates across all CB lines of business globally as well partners with all CB functions (Legal, Compliance, Risk and Control) to ensure ongoing compliance with the current regulatory environment. The team is responsible for the CB Legal and Regulatory Change Management (LRCM) Process, which involves a proactive identification of regulatory changes from Regulators, working with our Legal partners to evaluate CB impact, and providing project management expertise to our stakeholders to implement solutions. Regulatory Practices also leads the Office of Legal Obligations (OLO) program execution for CB. OLO is a global and firmwide program. The team interfaces across CB as well as with counterparts in CIB, CCB, AWM and the Central OLO Program team within Corporate O&C. In addition to actively managing and executing OLO program deliverables, the team leads reengineering of CB processes to align with new firmwide program standards. The team is extremely collaborative and innovative as we continuously problem solve and adapt to the evolving environment. The team’s members are located in New York, Chicago and Singapore.
Project Management Associate
The Project Management Associate role resides within the Regulatory Practices Governance Team, reporting to the LRCM Governance Manager. In role provides exposure to colleagues at various levels across Commercial Banking in business management, legal, compliance, risk, oversight and controls, and operations.
As an integral member of the team you will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Banking LRCM Governance process, infrastructure, and controls which includes:
- Monitoring regulators to identify Regulatory Developments
- Tracking Regulatory Developments until completed
- Reporting to key stakeholders
This role may also include project management responsibilities to support CB execution of OLO program deliverables. In this capacity the role will facilitate across all CB lines of business globally and all CB Control teams (Legal, Compliance, Risk, and Controls) on a specific topic to assess impact of Commercial Banking’s legal obligations (i.e. JPMorgan legal requirements); identify the impact to CB business; identify the procedures/systems in place to support compliance with the regulatory requirements; and identify gaps.
The ideal candidate possesses strong project management, analytical and execution skills; effectively communicates, and can work independently across multiple activities.
- Execute daily BAU LRCM operational process deliverables:
- Monitor regulators to identify Regulatory Developments
- Track and maintain records in the Regulatory Practices database
- Develop key metrics and effective senior management presentation materials to report on volume, trends and strategic projects
- Collaborate with CB Legal, Compliance, and Regulatory Practices Project Management Team to ensure timely and accurate execution of the LRCM process and reporting
- Participate in LRCM Governance forum with CB Legal, Project Management team to set process standards and provide a forum to discuss and resolve process issues and challenges
- Implement new processes and solutions for team strategic priorities:
- Conduct data analysis to inform team recommendations
- Project manage implementation of enhancements to align process with firmwide models, improve process efficiency, and strengthen the control environment
- Support the development and maintenance of procedures and documentation to support processes
- Support CB OLO Program Team execute OLO program deliverables, as needed:
- Partner with relevant CB stakeholders to assess impact of regulation on CB business and identify and assess relevant supporting documentation
- Manage data, metrics and reporting
- Participate in periodic control self-assessment validation process, assessing and testing the effectiveness of controls and preparing for audit