Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,100 bank branches, 16,100 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,100 branches and 16,100 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
Consumer Bank Technology provides technology support for the Consumer Bank, Business Bank, and Chase Wealth Management businesses. Consumer Bank Technology also manages shared service applications that provide support to all lines of business. The technology footprint in Consumer Bank Technology includes the retail branches, the ATM fleet across the country, as well as many core services applications.
The Architecture team within Consumer Bank Technology works with business stakeholders, application developer leads, and engineers to define solutions that meet business needs with high-quality while managing costs effectively.
The person in this position will provide influence and leadership to the AD community in defining architectural solutions, setting architectural direction, and governing the architecture assets developed within Consumer Bank Technology.
This person will need to interact with key business decision makers, application leads, other line of business architects and GTI technical experts. This position requires the ability to take initiative and drive ideas forward, coordinating and influencing various stakeholders.
- Review incoming work requests to determine appropriate architecture coverage.
- Manage the assignment of projects to architects and design leads from the application development team.
- Produce reporting of architecture coverage and status of the most important projects.
- Create target state architecture documents and guiding principles.
- Work with Application Development teams to estimate the cost of proposed solutions.
- Define architecture standards.
- Facilitate and coordinate the architecture definition during the early stages of the project life cycle.
- Be aware of industry trends and leverage new technologies as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Agile Development teams in the evolution of applications towards our target state Cloud Architecture.
- Challenge designs during the concept and review phases to drive toward re-use, efficiency, security, and stability.
- 7+ years in architecture / software engineering.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to influence others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead and mentor team members.
- Strong business system, analysis and software development experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with business leaders, application developers and systems technology experts.
- Ability to coordinate efforts from diverse groups.
- Ability to work well at a conceptual level, resolve ambiguity, and to drive concepts out into workable solutions.
- Ability to define target state architectures, and develop realistic transition plans for achieving target state.
- Deep experience in at least one technical subject area (e.g. database, application development, performance tuning, etc.).
- Hands-on experience modeling with UML, object-oriented constructs, or other modeling language.
- Data architecture knowledge and some exposure to data modeling principles.
- Broad exposure to a variety of applications, technologies and business functions.
- Exposure to Agile Development methodologies
- Exposure to mainframe engineering platforms.
- Experience in distributed engineering platforms, including WebSphere Application Server.
- Experience with high-volume transaction processing and large databases.
- Experience with Cloud Technology and Transformation to the Cloud is a plus