J.P. Morgan is devoted to building the best and most respected financial services company in the world, serving our clients and growing our communities globally. With $18 trillion assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits the world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We offer strategic advice, lend money, raise capital, help manage risk, extend liquidity, buy and sell securities and provide many other banking services in markets around the world. J.P. Morgan’s professionals are at the center of the world’s financial markets, all focused on helping clients outperform their benchmarks.
This role provides the opportunity to be part of the Banking Production Management (PM) Team in support of global applications. The Banking PM Team is accountable for the applications being available during the required business times. The team leverages tools to proactively monitor the health of the applications and infrastructure – ensuring processes are running, feeds are processing, jobs and dependencies are being executed, and ensuring all business functionality and support requirements are met. A successful Banking PM team member needs to possess technology savvy, business acumen, and internal customer service skills to manage changing priorities and demands.
- Support global applications and batches/feeds within the production environment, including an extensive and practical understanding of the applications
- Maintain Global relationships with various other support teams as well as business users
- Maintain and manage application and infrastructure availability with resiliency discipline, with inherent capability to perform complex issue investigation and resolution across wide range of applications
- Perform timely escalation of critical production environment incidents and proactively identify patterns of recurring incidents to improve service capabilities
- Develop and utilize core tools and processes to perform daily function whilst improving day to day practices for the global Treasury & CIO production management group.
- Work as part of the production management organization to deliver against core business objectives and ensure delivering of business functionality and stability
- Perform day-to-day production support to maximize system availability and correct operation, diagnose issues, with ownership of problems to resolution
- Support application release deployment activities into the production environment
- Develop strong relationships with resolver teams, application development teams, and other upstream and downstream support teams
- Develop strong technical expertise in technology and associated applications to understand the end to end transaction flows of applications across the production domain
- Develop, document, and maintain best practice policies to ensure knowledge retention and continuous learning within team with a view to developing production management knowledge and skills by sharing experiences and attending relevant training
- Perform and seek to continuously improve the monitoring of the application environment and supporting infrastructure
- Participate in incident and crisis management events, supporting resolution activities and providing regular status updates to business users and define/track remediation actions to close
- Participate in weekend support and testing around key deployments and business continuity exercises
- Participate in a support shift rotation to ensure adequate global business support coverage. This includes weekend support.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Must be able to multi-task in a complex production environment and quickly acquire broad knowledge of applications.
- Strong bi-lingual communication skills both written and verbal
- Self starter with confidence to drive issues through to completion in highly pressured environment
- Strong problem management and problem investigation skills with ability to learn new skills quickly to value add in problem focus areas
- Multi-disciplined technology skills encompassing some or all
- Unix (RedHat Linux) skills including Unix Shell Scripting – ksh, perl, bash etc
- Database skills (Sybase, Oracle, ,MSQL) including SQL and Stored Procedures
- Windows skills
- Geneos, Autosys
- Knowledge of java based application development a plus
- Working in a support capacity in a time sensitive environment,
- Familiarity with the Unix and Windows Operating system and environment
- Financial institution experience or exposure a plus
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran