The Latin American Debt Capital Market (LATAM-DCM) group is looking for an Analyst or Jr. Associate. The team, the #1 leader on the street, is based in New York; with additional team members based in Sao Paulo, Lima, Buenos Aires and Bogota. The team works with sovereign, bank and corporate clients in the origination and execution of Bonds, Loans and Liability Management transactions for Latin American issuers.
Core skills of the new analyst/associate will include strong analytical background, corporate finance, markets and modelling experience to perform analysis, pricing, execution and distribution of syndicated loans. In addition, power point (pitch pro), excel and word experience will be required to help the team in proposals, pitches and execution of deals.
The group is based in the in New York, within the Americas Sales & Markets Division and has a focus on Latin America and the Caribbean. The analyst/associate is expected to respond to demands from internal and external parties from various countries.
Candidates should have an interest in the syndicated loan market, acquisition financing, legal documentation, strong communication, analytical and technical skills, excellent attention to detail, and a strong work ethic.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Experience interfacing with clients a plus
• Eloquent communicator
• Thorough knowledge of macroeconomic principles
• Strong corporate finance and analysis of financial statements experience and expertise
• Strong analytic fundamentals including financial modelling
• Understanding of credit and loan structures and derivatives
• Microsoft Office experience including Word, Powerpoint and Excel required
• Team player and positive attitude
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-risk environment that demands decisiveness