As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
The Prime Brokerage Cross Business Financial Analytics & Control Group, within JPMorgan Corporate & Investment Bank - P&L Engine and Analytics, seeks to generate the most efficient, accurate and readily-useable Reports, Data feeds, & Back-up files for Senior Management and other users across many departments in Prime Services -- including the Front Office, Risk Management, and Operations.
These reports provide advisory, evaluation & business-decision support (such as Daily P&L reports per Salesperson and Daily Client Equity trends), analysis for regulatory controls (like 15C3-3 and Basel I & II schedules), month-end commissions & fees extracts (supporting Operations Billing & Accounting), and granular detail-level reconciliations (ranging from all stock ECN/Exchange charges, to option Broker bills, to inter-department systems validation).
The Financial Analytics & Control Group handles vast amounts of data from various sources which we analyze & transform the immense raw information into useful files that are easy & clear to understand, supporting the business activities of the firm.
Role description: Data Analytics Analyst
The candidate, to be based in Dallas, will be responsible for assisting the team in covering the following functions:
- Analyzing and generating financial reports
- Performing ad-hoc queries and problem solving P&L issues through: Mainframe, SAS, Excel Spreadsheets for controllers, business and other relevant areas in a timely fashion
- Working knowledge of various warehouse methodologies, technologies and design concepts
- Communicating and follow up with all relevant areas (Billing, Interest, Middle Office, Front Office, Technology) as needed.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- The candidate should have experience in architecting, designing and delivering enterprise-wide applications from end to end.
- Hands on experience with unix shell scripting, ETL tool [either of PENTAHO or INFORMATICA], Oracle, Version Control [CVS/SVN/Git], Cognos.
- Experience with mainframes, VB scripting and access databases, SAS programs.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of agile processes and be able to effectively use JIRA, sprints and scrums to design, deliver and structure projects
- Good to have Java knowledge.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran