Who we are?
The Banking Production Management team is responsible for the reliability and resiliency of the Banking application stack. The J.P. Morgan Banking business, consisting of Investment Banking, Treasury Services and Corporate Banking, is one of the largest wholesale banking client franchises the world. We serve clients, including corporations, governments, states, municipalities, healthcare organizations, education institutions, banks and investors. The team interacts directly with Business Operations, Product and Client Services plus our partners in Application Development and Global Infrastructure teams. Banking applications securely process trillions of payments every day along with providing real time Liquidity and Accounting functions. We also focus on automation and tooling, to eliminate unnecessary manual effort and to enhance our monitoring capabilities.
It’s an incredible time for our industry and specifically the Banking business, the payment revolution continues and will be at the forefront of it. You will be focused on:
• Owning relationships between Technology, Business Operations, Product and Client Services
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with JPMC technology teams and business partners to identify process improvement opportunities
• Driving continuous improvement of services and processes to improve platform stability and realize operational efficiencies through automation and standardization
• Influencing and driving the implementation and adherence to incident, problem, and change management processes
• Upholding and championing Firmwide and CIB Production Management policies, procedures and standards
• Preparing for and hosting daily Banking ‘Checkpoint’ meetings attended by Global Production Management leads
• Working with Change Management and Release Managers on the evaluation of change events
• Providing clear transparency to executive stakeholders via the reporting of incident, problem and change volumes, trends and themes
· Adopting Agile best practices to manage team workload and projects through to completion
· A strong application development background with a solid understanding of development methodologies
· Experience supporting applications using the following technologies: Wintel, Linux, Sun OS, Mainframe, Oracle, Apache, Tomcat, Sterling Commerce Connect, FTP, PGP, file transmission applications, SFTP, HTTPS, web certificates with preference for supporting Swift based applications
· Experience with setup and tuning of application monitoring tools (Dynatrace, Keynote, GENEOS, Tivoli, Splunk, OEM, or similar).
· Able to create and modify scripts preferably using Python or Shell
· ITIL Incident management life cycle skills and experience
· Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
· Proactive with willingness to take ownership of issues
· Experience of engaging with and managing a varied level of relationships - strong interpersonal and relationship management skills – able to engage with all levels of the organization and rapidly develop effective working relationships
· Experience of assembling presentations and presenting to senior technical and non-technical audiences
· Confidence in creating strong partnerships and influencing with key stakeholders within and external to technology
· Strong team player - extensive experience of working in and influencing global teams across multiple regions and countries, enabling a ‘one team’ culture and a positive working environment
· Excellent data analysis and problem solving skills with the ability to quickly broker solutions and resolve conflict situations
· Certification or strong knowledge of ITIL concepts is very advantageous
· Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent
· 5+ years of IT management experience with background in application development, with exposure to Java
· Minimum of 2 years relevant production support and incident management
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.