JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase. Further information about careers at JPMorgan Chase can be found on our website: www.jpmorganchase.com
DEPARTMENT: Fund Accounting
The Fund Accounting team is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of NAV for Clients who have outsourced their Fund Accounting to JPM. This role involves understanding and executing end to end activities that comprises of daily NAV calculation and eod Client reporting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the day to day Operations for the reconciliations Function. The person will in the management of the business deliverables and the team. The role/ position would also assume the responsibilities of shift manager and will report to the AVP of Mumbai Operations. The role would involve managing a team of around 12 to 18 people with 2 or 3 direct reports. The role involves close coordination and working with other client operations sites to ensure business goals and objectives are met.
Key Responsibilities would include:-
• Provide overall supervision / leadership to the staff during his/ her shift operating window.
• Monitor and report shift and site/ shift performance.
• Review staffing and volume trends to ensure the optimal capacity plan is in place.
• Foster information sharing so that continuity of data exists within the site and across the business.
• Develop an environment of continuous focus on quantifiable productivity and quality.
• Constant and regular review of processes and performance with focus on improving departmental competency / performance rating.
• Regular reviews of procedures assuring new processes are documented.
• Identify business knowledge gaps and ensure everyone has ownership of deliverables.
• Constant and regular review for direct reports. Set expectations with direct reports, regarding positive motivation and leading through accountability.
• Develop and lead a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes.
• Foster and champion High Performance Culture where people are empowered to make decisions that affect their work/environment.
• Bachelor's degree with accounting courses or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of +4 years of experience in a fund accounting or custody/fund accounting environment.
• Strong fund accounting principles and theories. ∙
• PC skills (Excel).
• Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure in a deadline oriented environment.
• Able to provide coaching and guidance on all aspects of necessary processes.
• Ability to analyze processes and identify improvements.
• Ability to take ownership of issues and escalate where relevant.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.