J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
DEPARTMENT: Financial Reporting
REPORTING TO: Vice President
The Financial and Regulatory Reporting Group produce semi-annual and annual reports for the funds that JPMorgan administers. This role involves participation in the production of both statutory and regulatory reports.
The incumbent will have an in-depth working knowledge of the Fund Accounting area with a minimum of 4.5 years experience in a fund accounting environment and will have experience in financial statement preparation. The incumbent should have a relevant accounting qualification.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Statutory Reporting (Production of annual and semi-annual reports) for the clients .
· Regulatory Reporting (foreign jurisdictions) for the clients JPMorgan is Central Administration
· Dealing with external clients
· Dealing with ad hoc services for information, both from internal and external sources.
· Dealing with external auditors in the context of statutory audits and resolve outstanding issues related to the annual reports
· Compilation of other information such as MIS
· Plan and control all aspects of financial statement preparation and issuance to agreed standards and deadlines.
· Identify and implement improvements to processes in response to operational and client service requirements - work with Technical Specialists and other JPM departments (i.e. Fund Accounting) to achieve this.
· In depth knowledge of Fund Administration and Accounting policies.
· Identify procedural weaknesses and enhancements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
· Identify, delegate and manage all projects within the group and work on projects delegated by the Financial Reporting Manager.
· Prepare, manage and review all MIS, timetables, checklists and procedures.
· Overall supervision of all Administrators, Statutory and Regulatory reports production and the control environment.
· Support all Administrators with issues and investigations.
· Manage all client inquiries and requests from outside parties, i.e. auditors, in a professional manner.
· Excellent client management and influencing skills.
· Internal escalation of all risk issues to Financial Reporting Manager.
· Address behavioral and motivational issues within the group.
· Establish clear lines of communication with all team members and Team Leaders
· Complete Administrators and Senior Administrators' appraisals.
· Ensure all identified training needs are met.
Key Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of financial and regulatory reporting requirements
• Knowledge of financial instruments and their accounting treatment
• Professional accountancy qualification
• Time management and organisational skills
• In-depth knowledge of fund administration and valuation function and good understanding of the organisation
• Good operational knowledge of Fund accounting systems
• Preferably Professional accountancy qualification
• 4 / 5 years industry experience
• Knowledge of accounting principles, with particular reference to UK Collective Vehicles
• Up-to-date technical knowledge of UK SORP and other relevant legislation
• Effective people management skills
• Ability to partner effectively with peers, colleagues, clients, auditors and other third parties
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.