J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Wealth Management is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
JPMorgan Private Banking is seeking an Analyst to join the Trade Management Team to support the Alternative Investments Group ("AIG"). The AIG identifies, performs due diligence on, and markets alternative investments such as private equity, hedge funds and real estate to the clients within the Private Bank and other groups.
As an Analyst, you will work closely with a wide variety of teams (including Front Office, Middle Office, Investor Relations, Due Diligence, Risk, and Portfolio Management) to facilitate the review and approval of all incoming subscriptions and transfers for Alternative Investments platform. You will rely on excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities. You will need to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to the completion of assignments and demonstrate independent initiative and sound decision-making skills. Additionally, you will be expected to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and sensitivity with respect to client information.
• Coordinate with front office in the receipt of confidential client documents and organize such documents for review; responsible of monitoring an active email inbox
• Coordinate with front office to review and determine approval for regulatory eligibility of client subscriptions into alternative investments, primarily hedge funds at the moment; Liaise with clients and front office to facilitate corrections to incomplete documents
• Facilitate transfers of investment ownership between clients or legal entities
• Coordinate with outside law firms to facilitate transfer requests for private equity vehicles
• Tracking of client consent responses for amendments and corporate actions
• Respond to client and front office inquiries, escalate issues to senior members of the team when required
• Respond to internal/external audit requests
• Provide guidance, with input from Middle Office on product deadlines
• Organize and index confidential client documents for archiving and storage
• Liaise with external vendors to facilitate archiving and storage of confidential client documents
• Polished interpersonal and written skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
• Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
• Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to set priorities, monitor own workload to meet aggressive deadlines in a constantly changing team environment
• Ability to multi-task, handle several high impact projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
• Overtime work will be necessary
• Possesses sound judgment
• Takes initiative and is proactive. Ability to anticipate the needs of the team
• Creative, ready to think outside the box and add input to improving existing workflows
• Positive attitude and a good team player, ability to motivate and influence others
• Genuine interest in learning about the markets, alternative investment products and private banking; although no prior industry experience is required, it is helpful
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited, high quality institution is required; paralegal experience is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat required
• SharePoint experience a plus
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Applicant should have 1-2 years of related experience. Background in wealth management, alternative investments or at a reputable law firm a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.