As an Infrastructure Developer in our Network Services and Engineering group you will be part of the Global Network Services (GNS) team which supports one of the largest enterprise networks spanning over 56 countries, with over 2 million data network ports and 40,000 network devices. The Global Network Services (GNS) team is responsible for delivering value added services and projects to meet business demand for the firm's Global Data Network in partnership with our line of business partners and peer technology organizations.
The Network Infrastructure Developer will work with a team of developers and engineers to evaluate the global enterprise network, with focus on data center & campus networking, network security and IP services. You must possess a high-level of technical expertise, have strong organizational skills and be able to work with engineering, project management and support resources to drive business projects to completion. In addition you will utilize your extensive experience for planning, analysis, process design/implementation and data network design & implementation.
Strong interpersonal skills are important. Requires an understanding of the networking needs of the organization as a whole and be able to present technical solutions to senior management.
This position will require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
- Work with Business to gather requirements. Develop hardware and software solutions for non-standard products
- Design, implementation and execution of complex network hardware and software configurations
-Fully analyzes problems, designs, develops, and tests code
- Collect and analyze data related to the production network infrastructure
- Developing repeatable processes for execution of common functions for execution by overall team on a global scale
- Be apprised of and recommend the implementation of new network technologies to improve stability, supportability, and performance within the network
- Engineer, or review and approve, new hardware and software configurations and releases prior to implementation
- Interact with global engineering, implementation and support teams during project turnover to ensure adherence to standards compliance
- Coordinates activities with clients, implementation and operations personnel
- Serve as tier4 escalation support and proactively identify and provide solutions for operational efficiencies
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related discipline
- You will have previously designed and implemented solutions for LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi and security in large global enterprise environments.
- Comprehensive professional experience working in large scale enterprise or carrier network environments
-Prior experience in Systems Engineering and Software Development
-Familiar with Agile development process and automated testing
-Experience in systems automation and orchestration
- Proven knowledge of a majority of the following: Routers, Ethernet switches, Firewalls, Internet appliances, business applications
- A detailed understanding that includes: TCP/IP routing protocols, MPLS, NAT, BGP4, IGP, DNS, firewall policies, geo-load balancing, proxy and cache Servers, VPN technologies, layer 4-7 switching, Security, QoS, IP Telephony, Wi-Fi, Cellular, Network Management and Monitoring Software
- Advanced knowledge of available network operating systems, network equipment and networking protocols is essential
- Proven ability to research, develop, implement and streamlining processes/procedures for executing data network projects on a global scale consisting of over 10,000+ devices
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Shell, Awk, SQL, PHP or Python, Perl with a strong base in object-oriented design and development
- Evening/weekend work will be required