Asset Management - Head of Marketing - Vice President
Req #: 180033747
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
J.P. Morgan Asset Management’s business has an established firm footprint with locally based client teams and investment professionals across the world. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Our clients include some of the world’s most sophisticated corporate pension plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, sovereigns, as well as government-affiliated institutions.
The Marketing Manager will work with the locally-based fund / institutional sales teams as well as the regional marketing function to help build awareness and grow the Australian business. He/she will reach intermediary/institutional clients through the strategic development and implementation of marketing programmes.
The Marketing Manager will produce the full spectrum of marketing material and programmes for existing products and new product launches. These products include equity, fixed income, alternatives, and multi-asset solutions. Marketing programmes include strategy development, online and print advertising, collateral, web, conferences, events, sponsorships, direct marketing, market research, thought leadership, PR and other support materials.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, executing and measuring results of Australia’s marketing strategy and tactical plans
- Together with the head of marketing (Asia based), work to roll out the new brand value proposition locally in conjunction with global efforts
- Under the guidance of the local sales team and head of marketing, create and execute marketing communications programmes using a variety of tactics to drive client acquisition and retention
- Working closely with the corporate communications team to develop and promote the JPMAM brand, product palette with thought leadership capabilities
- Leveraging and coordinating the thought leadership pipeline to maximize impact and effectiveness
- Providing project management and tracking programme effectiveness for marketing projects
- Under the council of the marketing manager, helping to manage marketing budget across Australia.
- Coordinating with outside vendors and cross-functional teamwork, including regional and global marketing, shared internal creative services team, sales, product, compliance and legal, and outside advertising and research agencies
To be successful, you will need:
- Degree-level education with an emphasis in marketing preferred
- Extensive experience of marketing (preferably with an asset manager) within financial services, and/or business-to-business work experience
- Experience with Australian financial institutions/intermediaries/fund industry
- Specific equity, fixed income, alternatives, or multi-asset marketing experience helpful
- Strong quantitative approach balanced with client insight mindset
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with managing multiple languages and cultures helpful
- Proven ability to develop and effectively communicate complex concepts and ideas in business terms to peers and senior management
- Excellent project management and collaboration skills
- Proven good business acumen and results orientation
- To be an effective team player, able to work with people of all levels
- A high level of self-motivation, with strong integrity and ethics
J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are proud to be named a Top 20 Silver Employer in the 2017 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.