Firm and LOB details
JP Morgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of over $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns More than 650 investment professionals providing over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity Leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
About the Role and project
The candidate will function as an Applications Developer within the Global Wealth Management Technology in the Digital team. Digital team builds and maintains the client facing portal for international private banking customers. The team works on delivering the next generation solutions with enhanced digital offerings including responsive web and native offerings. The digital program delivers technology solutions to offer superior client experience for our customers. The role will involve analysis, design, development and testing of new functional offerings and enhancements to our existing solutions.
· Review of epics and stories provided by business, and turning those into technical designs and development
· Follow and promote Agile practices like SCRUM and TDD/BDD.
· Active involvement in resolving the issues encountered in all environments, including production in true devops spirit.
· Work with multiple globally distributed teams to deliver end-to-end solution across regions.
Required Qualifications and attributes
· Bachelor's Degree in an engineering field with 5+ years’ experience in Software Development.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easy to understand manner.
· Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues.
· Experience with development of REST Web Services and Middleware using Java 8 and Spring Boot with Cloud Integration.
· Microservice design patterns and cloud configurations with deployments.
· Experience developing in ReactJS and/or AngularJS.
· Experience with Spring ORM.
· Experience with SQL databases such as Sybase or Oracle, experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and/or MongoDB
· Experience with distributed caches such as GemFire, ehCache, Hazelcast
· Experience developing with testing frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, and Cucumber.
· Working Knowledge of SCM, packaging and build tools – GIT, Jenkins and Maven.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.