J.P. Morgan has operated in Europe for nearly 200 years and has a sophisticated local market presence across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Within the region, J.P. Morgan has an unparalleled client base and leadership across the spectrum of financial services products. As our largest operation outside of the U.S., our regional head office in London is complemented by a strong regional footprint, with offices in more than 30 countries across the region. The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB), which consists of Banking and Markets and Investor Services, supports a broad range of corporations, investors, institutions, governments and municipal entities by providing strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. J.P. Morgan advises clients globally on a wide range of strategic transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, asset purchases and dispositions, joint ventures, corporate defense assignments, restructurings and reorganizations.
The J.P. Morgan EMEA Real Estate team is responsible for origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions involving corporate and financial sponsor clients in the broad Real Estate sector. The team has a network of relationships with some of the most prominent Real Estate companies in the EMEA region.
The successful candidate will play a vital and accountable role in all aspects of executing Corporate Finance transactions and maintaining strategic dialogue with clients as part of the wider advisory role. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Project co-ordination, including client communication, co-ordination of advisory team externally and within the bank
• Supporting investor dialogue in relevant transactions
• Take leadership in supporting client coverage
• Detailed valuation analysis, including DCF, trading comparables, transaction comparables and LBO analysis
• Detailed combination and other financial analysis
• Transaction structuring analysis
• Daily deal execution and project management of clients
• Preparation of presentation books, management presentations, Board materials, Memorandums, and other presentation materials for use in corporate finance transactions or strategic client dialogue
• Interaction with senior team members and client management teams on a daily basis to execute transactions and discuss strategic alternatives
• Provide leadership, mentorship and supervision to Analysts and Junior Associates
• Minimum of Bachelors degree or equivalent
• Experience in an Investment Bank either in M&A, an industry group, capital markets or leveraged finance is preferable
• Financial Performance / Technical Skills
• Outstanding financial analysis
• High level of attention to detail and time management
• In-depth understanding of investment banking products (can be enhanced and further built via training)
• Strong team player
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Experience in dealing with clients and other transactional advisers (can be enhanced through training)
• European language skills, while not required are desirable
• Strong academic track-record
This role encompasses the performance of regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the relevant regulatory authorities to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.