CB – PRT Business Analyst – Bangalore
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Center of Excellence (CoE), located in Bangalore, is strategically placed to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
At JPMorgan Chase, Commercial Banking (“CB”) is a top provider of banking services to wholesale clients from small businesses to large, complex businesses with domestic and international needs. CB is comprised of Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries (CCBSI), Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI), Real Estate Banking, Commercial Term Lending and Community Development Banking. Commercial Banking is making significant investments across our business to improve how we interact with our clients in every way.
The Business Analyst will join the CB Global Finance and Business Management organization, assisting with a data & management reporting development agenda for regulatory operations. The candidate will learn core business processes, build new data mart capabilities, develop metrics/management reporting, and provide decision support via ad hoc reporting and data analytics.
J.P. Morgan is seeking talented candidates for a position as a Business Analyst in our Product Reporting team (PRT) group supporting CB sales organizations, based in Bangalore. This team functions as an internal business & metrics reporting and analytics group responsible for delivering highly quantitative and qualitative reports and analytics that support 800 bankers, salespeople in 19 countries, and senior management agendas.
An analyst on the team will have the opportunity to work on high-impact initiatives that help drive profitability and efficiency across the Commercial Banking organization. The analyst will be responsible for assisting the business in ongoing development and maintenance of BI tools, data management, and reporting & analysis.
- Maintain the Sales DataMart and generate reports that capture key metrics using BI Tools
- Assist the business with Data Management Initiatives – Involves active interaction with stakeholders and understanding their requirements and translating them to deliverables
- Build reports and provide support to sales teams (800+ individuals) on strategic and tactical initiatives using data visualization tools like SSRS/Tableau/QlikView/QlikSense
- Gather, synthesize, analyze and present data and findings
- Simultaneously work on multiple projects
- Experience with and a true passion for data modeling, solving complex data issues, and developing infrastructures for data reporting
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or related Masters Degree is a plus
- 2-5 years of experience in banking and/or strategy consulting with knowledge of the financial services industry
- Data Management and modeling – understanding data sources, objects and model framework within a DataMart
- Advanced SQL experience (Mandatory) – Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Ability to develop and maintain BI Tools (Mandatory) – Tableau 10, QlikSense, QlikView; experience in any other BI tools will be considered
- Advanced skills using MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint tools (Mandatory)
- Experience in Hadoop (Desired)
- Ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (oral and written), and work well in cross-functional teams
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement that improve client experience (internally to the team and externally to stakeholders and clients)
- Team player and demonstrated work ethics - consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism in behavior and performance