J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.8 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Global Trusts & Estates Practice is an integral part of Wealth Management’s product offerings, delivering enduring fiduciary expertise and comprehensive oversight to protect the legacy of our clients. Over the last 160 years, we have been serving the world’s wealthiest families as wealth advisor, trustee and investor. We have over 500 fiduciary professionals, located in 19 states and 4 countries, administering over $150 billion in fiduciary assets in the U.S., Europe, Asia and Latin America. J.P. Morgan is one of the few firms to have on staff full teams of professionals experienced in, and dedicated to, estate administration, trust administration, investment management, tax compliance and administration, philanthropy and grant administration, and management of specialty assets.
Mineral Asset Management (“Oil & Gas”) is a specialized team within J.P. Morgan’s Global Trusts & Estates practice that manages clients’ mineral interests as fiduciary for Trust, Agency and Foundation accounts holding oil, gas and minerals. This includes providing land management and oversight of oil and gas assets held in these entities. Each Mineral Property Manager is responsible for overseeing a book of accounts with mineral assets and works closely with fiduciary officers to insure that client related issues are addressed and all aspects of the oil and gas assets are understood as part of the entire relationship. The Regional Mineral Property Manager will manage a small team comprised of Mineral Property Managers and Analysts and will also be responsible for his/her own book of accounts. Candidate will oversee all areas of mineral management including but not limited to: negotiating leases; sale of assets; performing surface inspections of working interest properties ; performing annual account reviews; analyzing cash flows and well activity to insure proper and timely payment of revenues; monitoring and approving ad valorem taxes to be paid; preparing and presenting client presentations with the trust officers and bankers; attending client meetings with account officers; assisting other bank personnel to market our mineral management services; reviewing and making recommendations to approve or reject new accounts holding oil and gas assets; reviewing and approving WI joint interest billings and authorizing expenses; coordinating and assisting in the closing and transfer of accounts; maintaining pending legal (litigation) and environmental file for risk and reporting purposes; overseeing asset set up and verification of division of interest; and understanding and curing title issues.
Candidate should have some knowledge of trust management as well as fiduciary oversight as related to oil and gas assets.
The Regional Property Manager will lead a team of 6 oil & gas professionals. Along with managing the team, the Regional will also be responsible for overseeing a book of accounts.
Regional Property Manager (Region 1):
- Manages the Dallas office which covers the Houston, Austin and San Antonio Market (Region 1)
- Works closely with the Global Head of Mineral Asset Management to ensure the business serves clients and internal advisors to a consistently high standard
- Works closely with fiduciary officers to insure client related issues are addressed and all aspects of the mineral assets are understood as part of the entire relationship
- Participates actively in new business opportunities by partnering with client advisors and engaging with clients and prospects
- Leads a team of professionals and is responsible for talent management including development
- Maintains appropriate fiduciary risk management processes with the appropriate level of review and oversight
- Manages a team responsible for asset-related client service, including coordinating and responding to client inquiries, requests and property servicing needs
- Works with Global Head of Mineral Asset Management on various internal operational initiatives
- Oversees mineral management functions and processes, including lease negotiations, sale of assets, inspections and valuation of properties, annual reviews, and payment of ad valorem taxes
- Works in tandem with other Regional Property Managers to maintain a high standard of work product and customer service
- 5+ years of experience in a comparable role
- Minimum 10 years in-house landman experience with an E&P company or mineral management company
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree such as JD or MBA preferred
- CPL designation required
- Exceptional ability to serve in a “client-facing” role, including initial prospect meetings and day-to-day client service, advice and execution
- Experience managing a team, including excellent leadership and staff development skills
- Strategic thinker who can anticipate issues and drive results
- Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships with business partners, advisors and clients, fostering partnerships quickly across multiple disciplines and functions
- Proven ability to deliver operational efficiencies through process improvements with a view to mitigating operational risk, optimizing productivity and delivering “best in class” client service
- Demonstrated understanding of wealth management, trust and estate administration, and/or vendor management preferred