As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
- As a part of Digital Big Data & Analytics team you will that address business needs by developing applications for the Chase Online customer base. Oversee the development and ongoing maintenance of number of strategic software applications.
- Articulation of the overall technology strategy for the Big Data and Analytics Tribe
- Strategy for integration with systems both upstream and downstream from the Big Data and Analytics systems.
- Best practice usage of our platforms, applications, and frameworks
- Integration with other Big Data technology solutions across CCB and the firm
- Lead the strategy for software upgrades and maintenance of our platforms
- Responsible for the strategy for monitoring and resiliency plan for our platforms
- Responsible for technology POC planning across our platforms
- Strong partnership with the platform support group for execution of plans
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Experience in middle-tier/backend systems engineering in Java/Linux.
- Working experience with Hadoop, Enterprise Java development, Scala, NoSql data platforms (Cassandra, HBase), Messaging (Kafka), Stream processing (NiFi, Storm, Spark Streaming, Flink, Samza, etc).
- Extensive experience with horizontally scalable and highly available system design and implementation, with focus on performance and resiliency.
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
If you're interested in work that makes a difference, then apply today.