J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Operations are uniquely positioned at the heart of what we do. We impact the business we undertake from end to end - involved in almost all major steps of the transaction lifecycle as well as new initiatives (products and services) and vendor management. We work in collaboration with counterparts from all areas across Lines of Business, Technology, Finance and Corporate Functions. Our role is about maintaining the efficient processes our people rely on every day to do first-class business. We constantly strive to achieve the improvement that makes the firm one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
Operations teams are aligned to either products (Bonds, Equities, Foreign Exchange, Loans & Deposits, Alternatives, Derivatives and Mutual Funds) or processes (Income, Corporate Actions, Asset Transfers, Tax, Client Reporting and Data Management).
We are offering you an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team in a fast paced and challenging area working on complex products and processes.
The Investments Support Group is part of our broader Operations Department. It is the main point of contact for Investors and Managed Solutions teams for operational activities across all products for the International Private Bank. This team is responsible for supporting the business in various locations for EMEA, ASIA and LATAM. A close coordination with the US Private Bank team is also required to make the support global. The team is located in Geneva, London, Edinburgh, Mumbai, Singapore and Hong Kong
The group has five primary functions.
- Supporting the investment teams and resolving all trading issues that occur.
- Project management, requirement review and prioritization, operating model definition, testing and production release of any technical changes to applications used by investment teams.
- Manage the implementation of technical changes through investor training and expedient resolution of any post release issues.
- Centralized management of entitlements, which can be modified resulting from business changes, or require access gatekeeping for audit and control reasons.
- Business analytics function to support investment teams with data analytics.
The principal objective of the team is to provide dedicated and centralized support to the investment teams.
The group has seven primary functions. The aim is to provide centralized support for investment and solutions teams.
Some of the tasks performed and areas of responsibility for the role includes:
Supporting the investment teams and resolving their issues when generating clients’ documentation.
- Management of various discretionary products and client documentation processes. The Investment Parameters (IP) Coordinator is responsible for the creation and the maintenance of Investment Parameters dynamic documents across all International Private Bank platforms and languages.
- Responding to ad hoc front office questions and requests as well as providing periodic product information updates.
- Working with a wide variety of internal and external counterparties to ensure timely identification of issues and their resolution.
- Support of the project agenda (both ad hoc, regulatory and strategic) to meet the changing requirements in the industry as well as driving efficiency gains and risk reduction.
Partner with various partners such as discretionary project management, requirement review and prioritization, operating model definition, testing and production release of any technical changes to applications used by investment teams. Be comfortable working with remote teams.
Manage the implementation of technical changes through investor training and resolution of any post release issues.
All these functions require a close partnership with operations, technology, business management, investment teams, control functions, and project teams. The teams’ role is very broad and continuously changing.
The candidate should have relevant financial experience in discretionary investments in one or several of the above mentioned tasks and now looking to take on a new challenge in a growing, fast paced and ever changing environment. Candidates should in addition have the following attributes:
- Team player and leadership skills
- Strong commitment and drive
- High sense of integrity
- Ability to take a corporate perspective
- Organization, attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Operational mindset with good analytical skills and understanding of process flows.
- Capable of analyzing processes to find opportunities for improvement to avoid operational risk and improve efficiency.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and escalate accordingly.
- Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking is required.
Good communication skills both verbal and written and ability to manage various stakeholders. Preferably fluent in an additional language (Italian, German, French, Spanish
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.