Wealth Management, ONBOARDING STRATEGY LATAM SR. ASSOCIATE
Req #: 180035048
Job Category: Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset & Wealth Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
The global focus of Client Onboarding (COB) is Anti Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Client (KYC) and account opening/maintenance. COB has increased and led to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. WM has established a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML, KYC, and Account Opening/Maintenance requirements. This is a great opportunity for the right individuals to work with a fast paced dynamic team and to help drive COB’s strategic initiatives within the firm.
The primary function of the Sr. Associate will be to support the Strategy and Relationship Management team and will report directly to the Executive Director. Job will be based in Brooklyn, New York.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Drives results through influencing, people management, communication, partnership and collaboration.
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking.
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently.
- Willingness to make decisions and/or recommend solutions, while ensuring buy in from stakeholders.
- Builds a sense of community, creating a positive team environment and modeling a global, diverse mindset and inclusive behavior.
- Proactive and strong attention to details.
- Technical (software) and data analytics savvy
Business strategy - participates in defining overall operational strategy (short and long term plans), including business priorities, roadmap, dashboard, resource and financial planning, etc.
Communication management – supports on the development of business reviews, presentations for senior audiences, content for Off-site and Town Hall Meetings, communication plans, trainings, etc.
- Project management – supports Strategy & Relationship Management team with all aspects of strategic initiatives impacting COB LatAm.
- Partner with client facing teams to request/collect (and consolidate) required information to meet clients, procedures and/or regulatory requirements
- Responsible for maintaining, safeguarding and keeping up-to-date SOPs, desktop guidelines, etc.
- Develop excellent working relationships with COB LATAM team to be the point of contact for procedures and provide trainings as necessary
- Develop subject matter expertise on Wing-to-Wing Client Onboarding process, create reports/metrics and support front office inquires, as needed.
- Owner of certain COB Administrative needs as delineated by direct manager.
- The above list of responsibilities may be revised as the COB develops further strategies.
- BS/BA Degree - Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred or equivalent military experience
- 5 to 7 years of experience with in a financial services, operational or compliance fields
- Strong experience influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- A "can do" attitude is a must with a passion for driving best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and confidently.
- Able to address conflicts and escalate issues as appropriate
- Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
- High level of risk and controls awareness
- Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task
- Able to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
- Consultative in approach, understanding and anticipating client’s needs and proactively delivering solutions
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing organization
- Able to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines
- Strong proficiency in MS Powerpoint, Excel, Project Management, Access and Word
- Language skills Spanish and/or Portuguese (reading, writing and speaking) is strongly preferred.