JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Providing "best in class" reporting to both our internal and external clients is a priority. Best in class reporting would include informative, accurate, reliable and timely financial information that can be used by management to make sound financial decisions; by analysts to assess the Firm's financial position; investors to make informed decisions and regulators to supervise and examine us appropriately. Our goal is to continuously improve the reporting process through enhancements to the control environment and the operating model.
External Reporting Production is the first Global, centralized, scalable and sustainable reporting and analytics Operations in the Finance organization. We focus on Data Integrity, Report preparation for the US Federal Government & Securities Exchange Commission and provide production oversight to measure progress and continuously improve our end product. We are a diverse team with locations around the world that is passionate & committed to doing what’s right. We are trusted partners, advisors & team players.
This role, will manage the schedule preparation for Regulatory Reporting Loans & Commitment schedules, including but not limited to FR Y-9C (HC-C and HC-L), Call Report (RC-C and RC-L), and 10Q/10K loan footnotes. This manager will be a working manager within the External Reporting Production team and be proficient in the Wholesale lending environment and Regulatory Reporting instructions. Role includes requesting, consolidating, analyzing, validating and reporting financial data while adhering to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and internal control and documentation standards.
Accountable to several stakeholders across Finance and Risk, including the Schedule Owner and Report Owner, the successful candidate is a natural leader, is innovative, organized, has an ability to articulate a vision that inspires a team, but also can roll up their sleeves and dig into the execution steps.
- Preparing schedules related to loans and commitments for Wholesale and Firmwide regulatory reports
- Manage and train teams regarding credit risk lifecycle, including allowance and non-accrual reporting
- Developing and executing a sustainable operating model around producing loan/commitment regulatory reports.
- Understanding the regulatory reporting instructions, and updates, to allow sourcing of data fit for the schedule
- Developing a team of high functioning risk and control-oriented resources to manage a dynamic quarterly cycle with tight timelines, subject matter expertise, superior communication, and project management skills.
- Designing and communicating the quarterly timeline and sequence necessary for sourcing accurate data, reconciling the data and submitting the data
- Developing strategic partnerships with Data Contributors to allow for enhanced accountability and an efficient quarterly process
- Communicating the instructions and changes in the instructions to the Data Contributors and Control owners to allow for time to react to required changes in sourcing and controls over the changes in sourcing
- Collecting Firmwide variance commentary to explain variances in data quarter over quarter
- Documenting and maintaining work papers and standard operating procedures
- Communicating issues, assumptions and limitations to senior stakeholders across every Line of Business, Risk, Finance, Operations and Technology
- Preparing senior level schedule packages for presentation to senior stakeholders every quarter