The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries (CCBSI) group at J.P. Morgan focuses on U.S. and Canadian companies with revenues in excess of $500 million which require both traditional commercial banking services in addition to investment banking products. Our competitive advantage is that we cover the market in a truly unique way – through a partnership between our Corporate and Investment Bankers, who together build relationships with our clients and leverage both commercial and investment banking products to offer tailored financial solutions.
The position provides coverage of technology clients primarily in the Northeast Region, by providing support to the banking team located in New York, and for national Technology Group initiatives. The actual level of this position will be determined at time of hire.
Responsibilities of an Analyst
As a Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries Analyst, you will:
- Prepare presentation and marketing materials for use in client meetings and transaction execution, covering topics such as financing alternatives, capital markets activity, capital structure advisory, treasury services, and derivatives
- Participate in stages of a syndicated and leveraged finance investment banking deal cycle, from the pitch phase through execution
- Build and maintain financial models to evaluate creditworthiness of a client and the impact of various capital structures
- Conduct industry research and comparable company and transaction analysis
- Coordinate efforts with deal team members and product partners across the Commercial Bank and the Corporate & Investment Bank
- The final officer title and job grade is at the discretion of the firm and will be discussed at the time of offer. It may be different than what is listed on the requisition based on candidate experience level.
Training and development
If you have not already done so, you will participate in the Corporate and Investment Bank’s intensive seven-week Global Banking Training program that introduces you to J.P. Morgan's clients, products, services and business practices. J.P. Morgan professionals, world-class professors and leading experts use a variety of interactive learning tools to train incoming Analysts in core skills such as financial modeling, valuation, accounting, corporate finance, economics, equity capital markets, debt capital markets and risk analysis.
You'll also be trained on topics that cover financial instruments and real-world applications of theoretical concepts. Throughout the three and a half year CCB Analyst program, you’ll participate in continuing education courses designed to further your banking knowledge and provide further exposure and insight into the J.P. Morgan product platform.
If you have not previously obtained your Series licenses, you will be required to take the Series 79 and 63 exams. In-person and online courses will be available prior to sitting for the exams.