JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
The JPMorgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and global and local regulators. The department has in excess of 1000 staff, located in key locations across the globe. The Audit Department is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the firm's lines of businesses through a program of audit coverage that is performed and managed by a team of integrated technology and financial business audit specialists.
The Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) line of business includes leading consumer businesses which collectively employ in excess of 150,000 people, and serve more than 50 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, auto finance and investment advice. The Consumer and Community Banking audit team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment across the Consumer and Community Banking line of business, which has been known for its keen technology innovation, through products such as Mobile QuickDeposit and QuickPay. As a Chase employee, you will be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and us. With a focus on customer service, you will put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
The CCB Compliance Auditor position is based in Columbus, Ohio. This individual will be responsible for planning and execution of audits covering key regulatory requirements and compliance risks. This position will be responsible for risk assessment, control identification, development of audit testing, completion of audit work and ongoing continuous monitoring activities that include maintaining professional and constructive relationships with audit and business managers. Additionally, this role will support the Compliance team’s advisory responsibilities by maintaining an excellent working knowledge of an assigned regulatory area, assist in advising audit teams on best practices for testing of regulatory requirements, and maintaining risk assessment matrices and mappings for assigned regulatory area.
As a member of CCB Compliance Audit Team you will be responsible for:
- Leading audit activities including risk assessments, audit testing, control evaluation, work paper documentation and follow up and verification of issue closure
- Partnering with colleagues, clients and control community members to evaluate the control environment and develop recommendations to strengthen internal controls
- Staying up-to-date with evolving regulatory changes and market events impacting the business.
- Performing ongoing analysis of compliance risk trends through business monitoring and execution of audit coverage
- Partnering with other groups within Audit to ensure the delivery of an integrated audit program of coverage
- Bachelor degree is required, professional certifications or willing to pursue
- Minimum 5+ years of audit, relevant business and/or compliance experience.
- Working understanding of operational risks and related controls of banking regulations
- Works well individually, and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
- Proven ability to be able to multi task, complete projects on time and on budget, and be able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, effective under pressure.
- Be prepared to travel to business locations domestically (15 - 25%).
** Any candidate not meeting ALL the qualifications can be considered for an Associate, Auditor role.