Responsible for coordinating GFCC program execution within the bank.
- Oversee the development of the firm’s recordation of local GFCC policies and standards and through governance, ensure formal and appropriate review and approval is completed;
- Provide clarification, guidance and risk based solutions to the business on global and local policy interpretation;
- Act as primary point of contact with local regulators and law enforcement authorities for AML/CFT related matters in fulfilment of all AML/CFT regulatory requirements;
- Review local Lines of Business (LOB) procedures (CDD, Wire Transfers, Transaction Monitoring, Investigations, Regulatory reporting, Employee Screening, Record Keeping) and ensure these procedures are in line with local AML policy;
- AML/CFT Prevention through identification and ongoing analysis of risk associated with new products, services, processes, clients and geographies;
- Oversee New Business Initiatives, Products and Services;
- Oversee identification, risk determination and on-boarding/ongoing due diligence of high risk clients;
- Produce, review and act on any AML related management information as part of the firm's global/regional MIS reporting framework;
- Primary oversight on AML monitoring of customers and customer transactions;
- Subject to local laws and regulations, work with Global and Regional GFCC and location Compliance in the investigation of suspicious activity, and resultant reporting obligations;
- Partner with the LOBs and location Compliance Officers to ensure they understand the AML obligations for the business/location they support;
- Assist senior management to enhance and strengthen an AML compliance culture;
- Assist in the development, coordination and implementation of AML training and testing programs for the business;
- Deliver and track progress of both team and in-country AML training and testing programs to closure;
- Manage jointly with the LOBs any internal/external audits & reviews on the local AML Compliance program;
- Develop and maintain appropriate reporting channels and mechanisms to ensure Senior Compliance management are made aware of and appropriately consulted in a timely fashion on significant issues or developments related to the execution of in-country MLRO / AMLO duties, and updated on a periodic basis to the status and effectiveness of in-country AML program;
- Participate in the local management committee meetings and maintain all the AML-related information/documents that are tabled and/or submitted to the committees;
- Review new business initiatives, products and services and address any emerging AML risks;
- Partner with local management committee and respective LOBs to conduct Risk Assessments as required; and
- Provide country LOB senior management with regular updates on key issues and emerging risks.
China Regulation Specific:
- Act as the primary point of escalation from respective employees/LOBs on matters relating to ML/TF and ensure that the information is kept secured and confidential;
- Act as final in-country point of approval/escalation in matters of Suspicious Activity Reporting; and
- Ensure that relevant AML risk issues or local regulatory requirements are addressed or implemented in a timely manner.
- Law / Accounting / Business / Finance Degree
- Minimum 5yrs of relevant AML/Compliance experience preferably with a global financial institution
- Expert on both implementation and advisory in country AML/CFT requirements
- Experience in regulatory investigations, exam and audit management
- Meet the 'Fit and Proper' criteria relating to (a) probity, personal integrity and reputation; or (b) competency and capability
- Strong management and leadership skills, including effective project management abilities;
- A solution driven approach, with exemplary problem solving skills;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong analytical ability and logical thinking;
- Independent decision maker, able to make time-sensitive assessments;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Sufficient stature, authority and seniority to participate and able to effectively influence decision relating to AML/CFT;
- Knowledgeable and with the expertise to effectively discharge the roles and responsibilities, including being informed of the latest developments in ML/TF techniques and the AML/CFT measures undertaken by the industry; and
- Sound knowledge of local laws and regulations.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.