JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase. Further information about careers at JPMorgan Chase can be found on our website: www.jpmorganchase.com
The Fund Accounting team is responsible for timely and accurate delivery of NAV for Clients who have outsourced their Fund Accounting to JPM. This role involves understanding and executing end to end activities that comprises of daily NAV calculation and eod Client reporting.
The incumbent will have an in-depth working knowledge of the Fund Accounting area with a minimum of 1.5 - 2.0 years experience in a fund accounting environment. The incumbent should have a relevant accounting qualification.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Primary responsibility will be for specified clients, although ability to cover for other team leaders on other clients is essential
· Support Team Leads in managing delivery of clients' service requirements (recon, booking trades, reviewing and accounting income, capital , expenses and setting up of ref data)
· Provide guidance to the team members including training of team members on accounting of different Financial instruments and Fund Accounting systems ( MFACT)
· Good understanding SEBI guidelines and practices.
· Track and perform activities flawlessly while adhering to the regulatory norms and guidelines
· Participate and support Team Lead in review activities
· Should be able to step in as a cover for Team leaders on need basis.
· Support Team Leads and Managers in Audit, Controls and Process reviews.
· Leverage on knowledge to identify and implement improvements to processes in response to operational and client service requirements - work with Technical Specialists to achieve this.
· Escalate issues to Team Lead / Manager and work closely with relevant parties to effect solutions
Key Skills and Knowledge
-Knowledge of financial instruments and their accounting treatment
-Good operational knowledge of Fund accounting systems
-Starting professional accountancy qualification
-Time management and organizational skills
-Ability to partner effectively with peers, colleagues and clients
-Good oral and written communication skills
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.