J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
JPMorgan Asset Management Collateral Operations is located in NYC.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
A clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns with more than 1,200 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join the Collateral department at a VP level. The purpose of the team is to safeguard assets by ensuring full and proper collateralization.
The successful candidate will join the Collateral Team to work closely with the investment desks, business management, counterparty risk, other operations teams, brokers and custodians to ensure adherence to proper collateralization while continuously improving quality and mitigating risk.
- Build strong understanding of business strategies for each of the product desks in order to be able to support requirements appropriately
- Develop best in class collateral management practices/controls to minimize risk
- Build effective relationships with all key stakeholders
- Oversee and/or handle BAU collateral functions and controls
- Code information into collateral management system
- Implement solutions to challenges and issues that are raised by stakeholders across the business
- Identify opportunities to improve timelines for agreement coding and collateral operational readiness/time to market
- Enhance end-to-end process flow to improve efficiency and enhance control
- Work with colleagues in all regions to drive towards a consistent operating model
- Produce effective and relevant management information
- 5+ Years of related experience in financial or banking industry
- 5+ Years of related experience in collateral operations
- In-depth understanding of collateralization for all in-scope products including, but not limited to, bilateral derivatives, agency mbs, triparty/bilateral repo, futures and cleared OTC, prime brokerage
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and constantly prioritize workflow in a busy environment with effective decision making skills and attention to detail
- Control focused and detail oriented/methodical with good organizational skills
- Ability to deal with people at all levels within the organization and discuss complex issues in an easy-to-understand way
- People management experience – organization & delegation of work, setting priorities & coaching for development