Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) serves as the central provider of technology infrastructure to JPMorgan Chase. GTI has launched a major, intensive, multi-year effort to improve and enhance the functionality of firm wide applications in integration technologies on behalf of JPMC's Lines of Business (LOB's). In conformance with GTI's operating model for distributed systems, a cross-tower team (GTI Messaging/Integration Services) is being developed and empowered to support this effort.
Global Technology Infrastructure Compute (GTI Compute) is responsible for managing the firm's global server and storage portfolio's across plan, build and operate functions. The organization is transforming into a Managed Services provider for JPMC and drives product management, firm wide solutions, engineering standards and productivity initiatives in support of the Managed Services. Within GTI, Data and Messaging Services drives product management, firm wide shared solutions, engineering standards and productivity initiatives for messaging infrastructure (e.g. IBM MQ, AMQP) as well as other distributed systems technologies.
In the role of GTI Integration Services Developer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, operation and support infrastructure services that meet stated business requirements and adhere to coding best practices and architecture standards.
The candidate adheres to architectural design standards, risk management and security policies, data management policies, leading presentations in architecture review, strategic technology directions, best practice development (e.g., estimating models), mentoring less experienced team members and conduct peer code reviews.
The candidate must be able to support all elements of Software Development Lifecycle. Participates in the development of integration elements, data models, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) . Assists in the building of open 3rd-party Software Development Kits (SDKs).
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Works as a member of a team developing software solutions
- Handles more advanced technical problems and create solutions that solve business problems
- Independently solves technical issues and able to collaborate and contribute ideas
- Integrates enterprise components (e.g., reference data, security, messaging) to build larger systems
- Fully analyzes problems, design, develop and test the code
- Collaborates with multiple teams including engineering, development and operations teams
- Prior experience in Systems Engineering, Software Development and Application Integration
- Experience in large scale software development in one or more of the programming languages (C, C++, Java, Python, Perl, C#, .NET)
- Experience with XSD, XSLT and XML design and development
- Experience with Middleware/Messaging products such as MuleSoft and MQ
- Experience with developing scalable and resilient Enterprise solutions
- Experience in system and software security and entitlements (SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD)
- Modern compute technologies (e.g., virtualization, cloud)
- Familiar with Agile development process and automated testing
- Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
- Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
- Experience in Systems and Application monitoring systems and instrumentation Business Knowledge
- Proficient in multiple business disciplines/functions
- Develops a mindset for risk and control compliance to departmental and company wide standards
- Works within standards of financial control and budget management
- Executes within a client centric environment when working with teams and contributes to the Client Experience