JPMorgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, and capabilities to wealthy individuals and families in 36 countries around the world. It is the largest private bank in the U.S. and the third-largest worldwide in terms of total client assets held. JPMorgan Private Bank enjoys relationships with 40% of the individuals on the Forbes billionaires list.
Our Singapore office is currently looking for creative and dynamic professionals to work in its Brokerage Technology area as part of a global team of professionals located around the world (Singapore and Hong Kong, India, Europe and the U.S.).
We are looking for a highly talented individual to contribute on the development of large scale applications that are developed and delivered for global consumption. The applications will combine leading edge, and more familiar, technologies to provide our business users with the best tools to perform their jobs.
To support the design, development, implementation and “business as usual” operations of the brokerage-related applications used at JPM Private Bank, on both a regional and global basis.
This challenging role will involve a combination of development activities, majoring on the design and implementation of state of the art UX solutions. Full stack development from workflow and technical design, integration design and development, business and technical requirements gathering and validation, release coordination, testing, vendor management and project management, sometimes working on more than one project at a time.
The successful candidate will be expected to be an excellent UX developer, but also be able to interact well with the non-technical stakeholders to elicit, document and validate functional requirements. He/she needs to be able to effectively understand the Business users’ needs and translate those into the appropriate high fidelity designs and take account of corporate standards and the underlying technical designs.
• Participate in the full development life cycle from system design, development, testing to implementation.
• Analyze, design and code business-related solutions, as well as core architectural changes, using an Agile programming approach resulting in software delivered on time and in budget.
• Understand business requirements and be able to accurately translate them into technical requirements.
• Conduct walkthrough sessions with senior stakeholders to gather feedback.
• Participate in global code reviews, testing, QA, Level 3 support and training of new implementations.
• Participate in both System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
• Work effectively with the business, the developers, support teams and release management located in various locations globally to successfully design, build and implement the system(s) on time and on budget.
• Build effective working partnership with the business.
• When required, be able to effectively elicit, verify and document business and functional requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, site visits, use cases, task and workflow analysis, and other methods as necessary.
• Define external interfaces, constraints, and other non-functional requirements.
• Working with the Testing Manager, developers, testing team members and business users, translate the use cases into appropriate tests for unit, system and user acceptance testing.
• Perform user training and/or support as necessary.
• Communicate in clear, concise and unambiguous language using alternative views, such as diagrams or scenarios, where appropriate.
• Bachelors (or PhD/Masters) in Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in applications development, including at least 3 years hands-on experience in Object Oriented Programming (preferably Java)
• Practical experience of the agile methodology (e.g. scrum, TDD, BDD, Continuous Delivery)
• Experience of working in a large global development teams (using agile techniques and Object Oriented development and scripting languages is preferred)
• UX design skill experience with rapid prototyping tools sets (eg Axure)
• Strong SQL skills: SQL/PLSQL in Oracle/Sybase, database performance tuning experience will be a strong advantage
• Experience in Service Oriented Architecture (REST, SOAP, ESB)
• Strong experience in the use of agile methodologies (Scrum, TDD, BDD, Continuous Delivery)
• Familiar with software security principles
• Experience with Microsoft technologies (C#, VBA, Macros) and NoSQL is a plus
• Proven problem solving and analytical skills. Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate accurately, concisely and effectively at different levels in a global organization
• Effective at eliciting requirements from business users and translating those into technical requirements.
• Ability to organizes and direct work activities.
• Able to effectively represent the project team and Technology in front of Business users.
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.