Client Intelligence Product Manager - CIB - Associate
Req #: 170035051
Job Category: Product Management
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB)
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Client Intelligence (CI) is a team that supports the global Sales, Marketing and Research organization using CRM and MIS tools across the Investment Bank. This involves leveraging a wide range of tools that will help sales to make decisions efficiently, while collecting valuable client intelligence data points (trade, revenue, deal, profitability, clients, contacts, etc.).
The Client Intelligence Product Manager will drive various toolsets through the software development life cycle (SDLC), and build strong relationships across all lines of business in CIB. The position requires significant in-person meeting time with sales in a trading floor environment. The CIB business user base is roughly 4,500 staff globally.
This is a fascinating time in our industry - we are committed to and embrace innovation and execution, and are involved in leading edge FinTech solutions.
- Drive forward product strategy; the candidate will need to articulate strategy into presentations, and assist senior technology management in promoting the organization’s strategy across the CIB
- Product-manage client intelligence toolsets throughout SDLC; collect user requirements, work closely with UX (user experience) on design, provide guidance to development team, and drive user adoption
- Execute the client intelligence roadmap for Sales across Fixed Income and Equities globally. Partner with Sales staff and Technology to determine the priority of the roadmap
- Produce requirements documents that translate business requirements into functional specifications for technology teams
- Promote client intelligence toolsets across the CIB and drive adoption
- Become a liaison between business users across CIB and technology teams beyond our organization
- Represent technology in front of Sales staff; help Sales navigate through different technology units as needed
- Represent business in front of technology teams; articulate business use cases on behalf of Sales staff, navigate through compliance, business management as needed
- Manage the priorities, deliverables, and Sales buy-in and adoption including leading stakeholder management and communication efforts
- Become the in-person point of contact for Sales staff locally to the trading floors in New York
- Analyze existing capabilities and identify priority gaps and opportunities
- Prioritize needs and investments based upon sales and relationship insight, competitive positioning and industry research
Candidates must have prior experience working with Sales & Trading organizations and developing toolsets for the front office. Experience in the financial markets, structured problem solving abilities with a superior academic record is required. The successful candidate should also possess the following attributes:
- Must have an understanding of the concepts and industry direction for Client Intelligence toolsets
- Strong presentation building skills and ability to translate complex business problems and solutions into easily consumable content
- Excellent quantitative and analytical problem solving skills – as well as written and verbal communication
- Strong work ethic, self-starter who is creative with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation at appropriate junctures
- Team player comfortable working in a fast-paced consulting-style, unstructured environment
- Quick learner with strong attention to detail
- Professional maturity, personal integrity, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to receive and act upon feedback
- Experience working on a trading floor and interacting with sales & trading is preferred
- High-level of proficiency in MS-Office products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio)
- MBA a plus