Managing Director or Executive Director, Corporate Client Banking – Energy Group (E&P Coverage) – Dallas, TX
Description: The position is a corporate banking
Relationship Management role in the Corporate Client Banking Energy
industry group, with a heavy emphasis on business development and market
leadership. The primary functions are to 1) generate new business
opportunities, 2) manage existing relationships, and 3) represent our
E&P Energy banking practice in select U.S. markets.
The Energy Group is part of Corporate Client Banking within the
Commercial Bank and is responsible for managing relationships with
public and private-equity backed Energy companies. We advise clients
and prospects as they seek to raise debt and equity capital in the
public, private and syndicated bank market. In addition we advise
clients on Interest Rate Risk Management and Global Treasury Solutions.
The Energy Group focuses primarily on domestic, onshore E&P
companies, as well as E&P Services companies that
are users of investment banking products and traditional banking
services. Our business partners include Product Specialists from the
Global Investment Bank (Syndications, Debt Capital Markets, Equity
Capital Markets, M&A, etc), as well as Coverage Partners from
Treasury Services & Private Banking.
This position requires an experienced relationship manager capable
of driving business independently. The banker should have proven client
relationship skills and an ability to call at the CEO/CFO level.
Strong corporate finance, credit, and transaction execution skills are
required. Oil Field Services experience is preferred.
Specific responsibilities and required skills are listed below.
· Identify, pursue and close sales opportunities for a broad range of financial products and services
· Manage complex, multi-product client relationships as an E&P banker
· Coordinate the sales and service efforts of multiple internal business partners
· Proactively market clients and prospects; represent
E&P companies in the local banking and business communities; and
develop a network of referral sources
· Collaborate with credit underwriting team on analysis, structuring, negotiation, and documentation of credit requests
· Initiate and maintain strategic dialogue with clients and
prospects to generate ongoing corporate finance, treasury services and
· Strictly comply with all regulatory and JMPC rules, policies, and procedures
· Minimum of 10 years experience as an outstanding Client/Relationship Manager selling corporate finance or commercial banking products and services
· Knowledge and experience in the Energy Corporate Banking Sector (E& P Banking Coverage experience desired)
· Strong leadership abilities in financial services sales and business development
· Solid credit, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communications abilities
· Knowledge of credit, corporate finance, treasury, investment banking, and other banking products; preferably with execution experience
· Self-motivated, dependable and intelligent
· Candidate must be a top individual contributor, with a strong performance track record
· Completion of a recognized bank credit training program or investment banking training program
· Possess (or obtain within three months of hire) FINRA Series 79 and 63 securities licenses
· MBA preferred