JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 265,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking, Corporate and Investment Banking.
The Global Wealth Management business offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. JPMorgan Private Bank was recognized in 2015 by Euromoney as the world’s best global private bank, with more than 1,800 client advisors in 120 offices in 11 countries.
J.P. Morgan International Bank Limited (JPMIB) is the primary entity which is used to provide private banking services to ultra high net worth (UHNW) and high net worth (HNW) individuals in the EMEA region, excluding Switzerland. It is also the entity which provides banking, trading, and brokerage and custody services to clients of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) in Asia. JPMIB is a UK bank and is regulated by the PRA and FCA; it operates out of its UK head office with branches in Brussels, Frankfurt, Madrid and Milan.
As part of an integrated team of specialists, Capital Advisors are credit experts who provide financial flexibility for our clients via tailored banking and lending solutions. This particular position will serve as a senior member of the Capital Advisory team, reporting to the manager of the Lending Platform for the UK and Nordics. The individual will be responsible for managing the specific Capital Advisory requirements of the UK market's clients.
· Analyse capital structures of clients; advise on appropriateness of structure vis-à-vis client's balance sheet, cash flow.
· Develop creative, innovative solutions to new client financings or restructurings within acceptable credit/risk parameters.
· Take the lead role in the credit approval process.
· Supervise credit approvals & restructure memos.
· Provide direct analysis, due diligence and credit presentation for existing and prospective clients.
· Approve credit transactions within authority and recommend risk ratings.
· Responsible for business development and revenue growth by leading the credit marketing effort for the integrated private bank team.
· Understanding the capital structure of existing clients and prospects and advising strategies / structures to optimise it.
· Identifying new business opportunities /asking for referrals;
· Originate credit leads from existing clients and prospects and participate in new marketing initiatives with the Integrated Team.
· Balance the objectives of our client with new business generation and risk management.
· Underwrite and execute both loan and derivative structures (with credit risk therein).
· Demonstrate credit/risk management discipline; Monitor portfolio risk; Change debt structure/risk ratings in response to changes in risk.
· Proactively work to improve portfolio quality and prevent loss.
· Fluency in English is essential.
· Degree in finance or related field essential; MBA preferred.
· Formal credit training required.
· Expertise in credit and derivatives transactions.
· Business development and overall marketing skills.
· High level of analytical skills including financial analysis.
· Ability to identify and analyse credit opportunities and risks.
· Familiarity and expertise with credit documentation.
· Experience in structuring complex transactions.
· Ability to maintain a balance between marketing and credit risk roles.
· Preferred knowledge of integrated wealth management (for example, generational planning structures and solutions, portfolio theory/asset allocation, markets)
· Ability to interact with clients
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.