JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with independent assurance that internal controls are operating effectively. The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) and their support functions to achieve its mission through a comprehensive audit program. The department is respected throughout the firm for the calibre of the staff and their ability to add value beyond the audit opinion. The Global Audit Department has in excess of 900 auditors.
The Corporate Risk Audit Team is primarily responsible to assess the adequacy of the control environment across the firm's risk organization (Credit, Country, Market, Operational, Model, etc.). This is achieved through a comprehensive program of audit coverage that is executed by a global team of integrated business and technology specialists.
Auditor position based in New York with the Corporate Risk Audit Team. The Corporate Risk Audit Team is primarily responsible for assessing the control environment supporting the firm's Risk organization. This is achieved through a comprehensive program of audit coverage that is executed by a global team of business and technology specialists including areas of expertise related to Risk, Finance, Operations and Compliance.
This individual will be responsible for maintaining relationships with and providing control related advice to senior business stakeholders within Risk. This role will include execution of the program of Credit, Country, Operational and Reputational Audit coverage for both the Investment Bank and Corporate Risk as well as working with the Corporate team on Basel and ICAAP audits. The role will be especially focused on audits related to Legal Entity Risk Management in the Americas (including Latin America), firmwide Risk Reporting & Middle Office (focusing on BCBS 239 Compliance) and Risk Controllers (focusing on CCAR). The auditor will be involved for planning, execution and documentation of the results of their work for audits conducted.
The auditor should be a mature professional who possesses strong leadership skills, relationship management capabilities and knowledge of risk and banking businesses. This position requires an individual who can actively partner with global and regional business and technology management, colleagues.
As a member of the Risk Audit Team in New York you will be expected to contribute to the design and implement the audit program of coverage which involves effective risk assessment and design of a risk coverage approach. You will be responsible for specific businesses and for executing the corresponding audit plan, for senior client relationships and for monitoring and influencing ongoing business projects throughout the year.
· Lead all aspects of audit activities including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting, work paper documentation, follow up and track management's corrective actions in response to control findings and verification of issue closure.
· Work with global line of business auditors in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them to line of business and audit management
· Partner with other groups within Audit (Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Consumer Bank, Asset Management, Technology, etc.) to ensure the delivery of a seamless program of audit coverage across JPMorgan Chase
· Disseminate best practice and lessons learned to colleagues and clients.
· Identify and follow up on specific audit issues and ensure appropriate involvement with significant development efforts or projects. In this capacity members of the team are often asked to join the steering or program control committees of major projects to provide continuous feedback on control issues or compliance with best practice standards.
· Build effective contacts and relationships with client management and colleagues through effective teamwork and innovating thinking.
· Stay up to date with evolving regulatory, industry and market events impacting the firm's risk organization.
· Establish a business climate and culture that encourages integrity, respect, excellence and innovation
· Some travel may be required.